Stranger Things continues to dominate as most popular digital series in the U.S.
Stranger Things continues to dominate but Narcos and The Get Down are also gaining in popularity. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
Top Digital Originals from Parrot Analytics
For September 15th-21th, 2016 - Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 26,315,529
- Narcos, Netflix: 15,947,100
- Orange Is The New Black, Netflix: 6,977,206
- The Get Down, Netflix: 5,094,571
- Bloodline, Netflix: 4,535,735
Insights from Parrot:
- With 65% more demand than Narcos, Stranger Things remains the most in-demand digital original series, a position it has held since its release in July.
- The Get Down now has slightly less demand than Orange is the New Black; since both series have stable demand at this point, it is likely that Orange is the New Black will continue to be more popular than the newer Get Down.
- The announcement of Bloodline's cancellation on September 14th caused interest in the show to be unusually high this week, surpassing Fuller House to become the fifth-most in-demand digital original series
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com