Found Remote recently announced a new partnership with 4C to look at brands' Social Lift after their commercials air. Lowe's and Arby's were in the lead in August. Here are the full insights for the above charts.
- Lowe’s is capitalizing on the return of the tailgating season. Ads promoting deals for grills helped increase Lowe’s social media engagement rate 78.6% from broadcast placements and 69.8% from cable placements.
- Arby’s unveiled it’s new buffalo chicken sandwich promoting it on cable TV. The ads drove 113% social lift demonstrating consumers are responding strongly to Arby’s latest white meat addition.
- Official Olympic Sponsors, McDonald’s, Tide, and Visa saw dividends from their Olympic TV ads. The three brands ran over 200 TV ads on NBC’s Olympic coverage of the 16 day event which helped increase each brand’s social media engagement by more than 77%.
- Kleenex upped its TV advertising the last 2 weeks of August as kids headed back to school. The result was increased social media engagement which helped Kleenex take the 2nd spot in both the broadcast and cable rankings.
Methodology from 4C:
- To assess the TV ads generating the greatest consumer response on social media, 4C fuses data from Teletrax, its global TV monitoring network covering more than 1,300 U.S. Channels in all 210 DMAs, and its proprietary social affinity database with engagements from 1.5+ billion social media users across Facebook and Twitter.
- By comparing each brand’s social media engagements in the two-minute period after the start of a TV ad to the brand’s average social media engagement rate, 4C calculates the TV Social Lift Impact. Ultimately this is a measure of how much more likely a consumer is to engage with with the brand on social media after seeing its TV ad.
- For example, Arby’s 113.0% TV Social Lift Impact means Arby’s cable TV ads increased Arby’s social engagements by 92.8% in the two minutes following the start of an ad.
4C is a global leader in data science and media technology with solutions for multi-screen convergence. Brands, agencies, and media owners use 4C to improve effectiveness on TV, digital, social and mobile. The 4C product suite includes activation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat as well as TV Synced Ads across display, search, social and video. The company also provides advertising and content analytics leveraging its Teletrax global TV monitoring network and proprietary social affinity database. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 17 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, India and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.