Stranger Things continues to dominate but is slowly slipping in demand. Netflix's new "The Get Down" is beginning to rise as the 1970s period piece on the birth of hip hop in the Bronx gains attention.
The Get Down (from Baz Luhrmann) features a cast of mostly new and rising stars including, Justice Smith, Shameik Moore, Herizen F. Guardiola and Shyrley Rodriguez. Here are the full insights.
For August 18- 24, 2016 - Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- Stranger Things, Netflix: 39,884,687
- The Get Down, Netflix: 16,147,345
- Orange Is The New Black, Netflix: 9,372,862
- Fuller House, Netflix: 5,481,164
- House Of Cards, Netflix: 4,376,878
Insights from Parrot:
- Stranger Things remains the most in-demand digital original series, though its demand fell slightly this week.
- The Get Down supplants Orange is the New Black as the second-most popular digital original, though it has less than half as much demand as Stranger Things.
- Both BoJack Horseman and Marco Polo decreased in demand enough to fall out of the top five titles this week, replaced by The Get Down and House of Cards.
- Fuller House and House of Cards had nearly the same demand every day over the past week except for on August 23rd, when Fuller House's demand was about 35% higher
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com