Orange is the New Black is still the most popular digital series in the US
Orange is the New Black continues to dominate in the US for digital original series. All the top series are still from Netflix including Marco Polo and Between. Here are the full insights from Parrot Analytics.
Top Digital Originals from Parrot Analytics
For July 7th-13th, 2016 - Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- Orange Is The New Black, Netflix: 23,224,635
- Marco Polo, Netflix: 12,670,429
- Between, Netflix: 6,243,404
- Voltron: Legendary Defender, Netflix: 5,481,164
- House Of Cards, Netflix: 5,003,687
Insights from Parrot:
- Fans were gearing up for Season 4 of Orange is the New Black!
- Prior to its fourth season premiere, audience demand for Orange is the New Black increased making it the most in-demand digital original series in the US last week.
- With Bloodline topping the previous fortnight's list following its Season 2 release on Netflix, audience demand for it continues to be high as it takes the number two spot last week.
- Demand for Fuller House and Sense8 has remained steady: audience demand for the shows decreased by only about 8% over the past two weeks, despite temporary increases during this week as was in the case of Sense 8 with demand for it increasing on June 11 and decreasing for the rest of the week.
- All of the top digital original series this week air on Netflix, perhaps because the other SVOD platforms have not released new content in several months.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com
You can access the Future of TV hub here. Sign up to receive The Drum's Future of TV newsletter.