Orange is the New Black continues to dominate among digital originals
For 23th – 29th June, 2016 - Top 5 Digital Original Series in the US and Average Demand Expressions™:
- Orange Is The New Black, Netflix: 31,018,675
- Bloodline, Netflix: 4,330,095
- Fuller House, Netflix: 5,304,441
- Voltron: Legendary Defender, Netflix: 6,702,551
- House Of Cards, Netflix: 3,749,826
Insights from Parrot:
- Orange is the New Black released its fourth season on June 17th, causing a massive increase in demand - it is the most in-demand digital original series with over 4 times more demand than any other show.
- The new reboot Voltron: Legendary Defender ranked second by demand this week, though its demand slightly decreased over the course of the week.
- Demand for Fuller House, Bloodline, and House of Cards remained steady, suggesting that these titles will not fall out of the top five until a new popular show (like Voltron) replaces them.
- Again, all the most in-demand shows are on Netflix and have aired new episodes in the past few months.
- All of the top digital original series this week air on Netflix, perhaps because the other SVOD platforms have not released new content in several months.
Parrot Analytics is a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies to understand global audience demand for television content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behavior data sets, the company has developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific audience demand measurement system. For more insights visit www.parrotanalytics.com