It should be no surprise that HBO's Game of Thrones has dominated the torrenting charts over the past month. Here are the full charts and insights from SimilarWeb.
- Was there any doubt that Game of Thrones would immediately rise to the top once season 6 began? The show absolutely dominated all three torrenting sites, capturing 70% or more of the traffic share on each site. The HBO show is scheduled to run until the end of June and until then it will be almost impossible for any show to unseat GOT from the top.
- In the last rankings, The Walking Dead was the most torrented show on both The Pirate Bay and KAT, but this month the show has dropped off the top 10 and instead, Fear The Walking Dead has gained popularity. The show, which acts as a companion to The Walking Dead, rose as high as third on Pirate Bay, nabbing 3% of the traffic share.
- Overall, The Flash and Vikings are the second and third most popular shows of the last 4 weeks, with each slotting in at 2nd on at least one of the torrenting sites. With Vikings finishing its 4th season on April 21st and The Flash wrapping up season 2 on May 24th, we may begin to see a dip in these show’s popularity in next month’s ranking.
- Arrow and Gotham are two superhero shows that continue to enjoy success on torrenting sites. However, while Arrow’s popularity is down since last month, Gotham moved up or stayed static across the board.
- Last month, Supernatural only made it into one list and that was the Torrentz.eu rank at number 10. This time around, the show has firmly planted itself into the rankings picking up the number 6 spot on both KAT and Torrentz.eu but not ranking on Pirate Bay.
- Instead, Pirate Bay users show stronger affinity to Better Call Saul, which placed fourth and finished its 2nd season on April 18th. With no new episodes over the next few months, the show may fall off the Pirate Bay ranking completely.
- Another show ending in late April is Lucifer, a police fantasy series which has maintained a strong presence on torrenting sites, ranking as high as 5th on The Pirate Bay.
- The Big Bang Theory finally has some company in the comedy department as Silicon Valley’s return had users downloading the show in droves. The show picked up exactly where it left off in season 2 and nabbed 2% of the traffic share on both Pirate Bay and KAT.
- Rounding out the torrenting top 10s are several shows which didn’t rank at all last time around. These include The 100, Banshee, Quantico, and Archer.
SimilarWeb is the leading competitive market intelligence firm providing data analytics on desktop websites, mobile web and mobile apps. The SimilarWeb platform provides PPC, SEO, Media Buyers and Affiliates an edge over the competition with actionable insights into their competitor’s marketing tactics. Discover the data for yourself at SimilarWeb.com, with free insights for any website or mobile app.