The Walking Dead was not surprisingly a favorite show to pirate this past month. Better Call Saul and Hulu's 11.21.63 were also big favorites. Here are the full charts and insights from SimilarWeb.
- In our last ranking, The Walking Dead ruled 2 of the 3 top torrenting sites, and that trend holds true yet again. The only thing that changed is that Vikings has taken down House of Cards to take one of the coveted first place place spots. On torrentz.eu, Vikings ruled with almost 18% of the traffic share, while The Walking Dead was tops on the pirate bay and kat.
- The Flash greatly improved its rank over the last 4 weeks and the DC Comics superhero show ranked in third place on both kat and torrentz.eu. Last month the Flash’s highest ranking was 5th on torrentz.eu, so this marks a significant improvement for the show.
- After the Flash, the 2nd most popular superhero was Arrow, the action series which features DC Comics character Green Arrow. The show ranked among the top 5 on all 3 torrenting sites and was more popular than Gotham, Supergirl, or Daredevil.
- Among kat’s most popular shows, no comedy series was able to rank among the top 10. On the other torrenting sites, The Big Bang Theory was able to crack torrentz.eu ranking in 6th, while Shameless took 9th place on the pirate bay.
- Back in February, Better Call Saul was the second most popular show on Netflix but since then, its popularity on Netflix has been on the decline. With torrent users, however, the show has had a wide audience, especially on the pirate bay where it was the 3rd most popular show over the last 4 weeks.
- In early April it was announced by Fox that Lucifer would be picked up for a second season. This is great news to fans of the show who have been torrenting the show in droves over the last 4 weeks.
- The wait is almost over! Game of Thrones season 6 returns on April 24th, and we expect it to quickly shoot up the torrenting charts. Meanwhile, on the pirate bay, users have been downloading old episodes in preparation for the new season.
- Over on Hulu, 11.22.63 was the most popular show of both February and March but torrent users seem to have little interest in the series. Other shows not making the cut include the 100, Suits and Blacksails, 3 shows which appeared on last month’s rankings but failed to make the cut this time around.
SimilarWeb is the leading competitive market intelligence firm providing data analytics on desktop websites, mobile web and mobile apps. The SimilarWeb platform provides PPC, SEO, Media Buyers and Affiliates an edge over the competition with actionable insights into their competitor’s marketing tactics. Discover the data for yourself at SimilarWeb.com, with free insights for any website or mobile app.