With the 12th season of E!’s flagship show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, set to return on May 1 the network is turning to Snapchat to build buzz.
Starting today, 10 custom geo-filters will be available to fans in New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, and Las Vegas, and special geo-filters will also be available in secret locations where only superfans will know to find them.
"The custom Snapchat geo-filters are such a unique social media offering,” Jen Neal, executive vice president of marketing, E!, told Found Remote. “They're interactive, completely native to the platform, and add genuine value to users who want to share their adventures with friends. We opted to place the geo-filters in locations that are most strongly associated with the show, which adds authenticity to our fans' experience. Keeping Up with the Kardashians fans can snap at a place frequented by the Kardashians in the show, celebrate that closeness with the family, and share it with their friends."
All of the Kardashian sisters are active on Snapchat, and though the platform did not exist when the show debuted, its core audience – younger, social media savvy women – has taken to the platform.
"Fans of the Kardashian family are already 'keeping up' with Kendall, Kylie, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney's stories on Snapchat, so we knew it was necessary to give the show a presence there, as well,” said Neal. “Snapchat still feels very personal--fans will go quickly from looking at their friends' stories to looking at ours, which means there's a huge opportunity for our content to echo the playful, humorous tone of the show."
The campaign was created in conjunction with the show’s social media agency, VaynerMedia. Below, the locations where the geo-filters will be available:
· Geo-filter locations:
- Los Angeles
* Monday-Sunday: West Hollywood (near Dash)
* Thursday-Friday: E! Building
* Thursday-Sunday: Commons at Calabasas, Third Street Promenade (near Santa Monica Place), Hollywood & Highland (near intersection), Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive)
* Monday-Sunday: SOHO (near Dash)
* Thursday-Sunday: Park Ave (near the Gansevoort), Chelsea (near 1OAK), Columbus Circle (near Time Warner Center)
- Miami & Las Vegas
* Monday-Sunday: South Beach (near Dash)
* Thursday-Saturday: Las Vegas (Near 1Oak)
- “Easter Eggs” - Platinum Motorsports, The Health Nut, Casa Vega