The CW's The Flash seems to have overtaken the top torrenting sites, surpassing The Walking Dead on most of the carts. The Big Bang Theory, Fargo and Homeland are also making their way up. Here are the charts and insights from SimilarWeb.
- The reign of The Walking Dead is finally over! The show ruled all 3 torrenting sites dating back to September but is now displaced on 2 of the 3 torrenting sites we track, likely because there are no new episodes until February. In its place, The Flash now claims the top spot on kat and torrentz.eu. However, on the Pirate Bay combined list, The Walking Dead still holds a commanding lead with a third of the top traffic share.
- With The Walking Dead falling, Arrow, a DC comics show, was able to nab the number 2 spot on both kat and torrentz.eu. The show moved up one spot across all 3 sites.
- Jessica Jones was released on Netflix on November 20th and was Netflix’s top show in November, but torrent users seem to be done with the show. Last month it ranked fourth, seventh, and ninth on kat,torrentz.eu, and pirate bay, but this month the show is nowhere to be found on our rankings.
- It seems our prediction for The Big Bang Theory has come true! We thought that the Dec 17th episode featuring Sheldon and Amy having coitus would drive torrent users to download the show and our data backs up this claim. The show, which only ranked on torrentz.eu last month, now appears firmly on all 3 lists.
- Homeland was one of December’s biggest winners on torrenting sites. The gripping political thriller saw its rank go up across the board. The biggest jump was on kat where the show moved from eighth place up to third and now claims a sizeable 10% of the top traffic share.
- Aside from The Big Bang Theory, very few comedies appear in the torrenting top 10s. Modern Family only appears on the torrentz.eu list in tenth and South Park claims the eighth spot on Pirate Bay.
- Fargo had a spectacular month across all 3 torrenting sites, improving its traffic share significantly from last month. The gory Coen brothers show has certainly found an audience among torrenters.
- Limitless performed poorly among torrent users in December and now only ranks on kat in ninth. If this trend continues, Limitless may not rank in January’s top 10 at all.
- A show that is noticeably absent from all torrent lists is The Blacklist, NBC’s top online show in November. Though popular with network TV viewers, the Blacklist has a limited torrenting audience.
SimilarWeb is the leading competitive market intelligence firm providing data analytics on desktop websites, mobile web and mobile apps. The SimilarWeb platform provides PPC, SEO, Media Buyers and Affiliates an edge over the competition with actionable insights into their competitor’s marketing tactics. Discover the data for yourself at SimilarWeb.com, with free insights for any website or mobile app.