It's not always easy to add glitz and glamor to TV ratings announcements even when the ratings are great. Univision just became the first network to use an animated GIF in their ratings announcement for the Latin Grammy Awards that they shared on Twitter.
The Latin Grammy Awards, which were last night were yet another example of how powerful Univision's audience is in the US. Here's how the broadcast unfolded on Twitter. Here are highlights from Univision.
- The Latin GRAMMY® Awards was the No. 1 most social program on TV, based on Twitter unique audience, generating a higher unique audience on Twitter than “How to Get Away With Murder” (ABC), “Scandal” (ABC) and “Grey’s Anatomy” (ABC). (per Nielsen social)
- Generated over 42 million page views, +29% more page views versus 2014.
- On the day of the broadcast, page views were up 61% versus day of the broadcast in 2014.
- Video views from content related to the award show more than doubled compared to 2014 (+107%).
- This year, 86% of visits to Univision’s Latin GRAMMY® Awards section came from a mobile device.
- There was a Latin GRAMMY Live Snapchat Story
- There was a Vine booth and Twitter mirrors on the carpet and backstage
- They essentially hosted a digital “party” on a set which was the hub for all the action, including exclusive content such as our interview with Person of Year.
- There was live streaming of all the happenings backstage and interviews with artists including Will Smith
- On Instagram, they partnered with Facebook and celebrity photographer Omar Cruz to create beautiful content of several artists using boomerang and layout.
Earlier this week Univision launched Univision Now, a new direct to consumer OTT platform. Here are details from the announcement "available on iOS, Android and web with a monthly or annual subscription fee." The content offered includes, "live broadcast of the Univision and UniMás networks featuring their respective full schedules of telenovelas, sports, news, award shows and more."