The NFL is back, so get ready to see a lot of sports-related social TV infographics in the coming weeks. Thursday’s Steelers-Patriots game inspired 323,367 of the 3,358,167 emotional reactions on Twitter last week, per our analytics partner Canvs.
Also generating buzz was the premiere of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, which inspired 46,807 reactions. Social TV buzz is great, but Jimmy Fallon still won the ratings battle handily with appearances from Donald Trump and Justin Timberlake.
Below, additional insights from Canvs followed by an infographic:
* Most Reactions: The Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England Patriots game inspired 323,367 reactions or 6% of this week’s total.
• 25% Love • 17% Hate • 17% Good
* 16% of all reactions to VH1’s Black Ink Crew occurred in the five-minute time frame when Sky revealed she had two sons at age 14.
* Buckeyes quarterback-turned-wide-receiver Braxton Miller was mentioned in 70,392 reactions, or 35% of total reactions, to the Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech game.
* Most Loved Dancer: Of the top four dancers, Gaby Diaz was the most loved in the part one finale of So You Think You Can Dance.
Reaction source: Canvs. Canvs analyzes Tweets about TV (as captured by Nielsen), identifies Tweets containing emotions, and arranges them into themes called reactions.
Reaction benchmarks based on Canvs data as of 1/1/14.
Tweet source: Nielsen. Relevant Tweets captured from three hours before, during, and three hours after an episode's initial broadcast, local time.