Among TV reboots in the works, Fuller House is generating the most online consumption
BuzzFeed may have popularized the phenomenon of 90’s nostalgia, but TV networks are also seizing on it for their own benefit. In just the last year we learned that reboots of Full House, The Fresh Prince of Bell Air, the X-Files , and Twin Peaks are in the works.
Amobee Brand Intelligence analyzed digital consumption data on TV reboots to see which among them are generating the most online consumption. Consumption is defined by how often a term is “seen” online acrosssocial platforms and more than 600,000 websites.
Below, highlights from Amobee’s findings:
- Fuller House, the Full House reboot that will air on Netflix is generating the most consumption among reboots (July 19, 2014 - August 19, 2015).
- Comparing Full House to the top rated sitcoms during the 2014-2015 TV season; only The Big Bang Theory has more online digital consumption (May 19 – August 19, 2015). Full House had 61% as much digital consumption as The Big Bang Theory in that time period.
- Among shows not currently in development to return but are still being discussed among fans as prime reboot candidates are Joss Whedon-created shows: Firefly was the TV show not currently in development most associated with a reboot (July 19, 2014 - August 19, 2015), with Buffy: The Vampire Slayer having 69% as much Reboot associated consumption in the same time period.
TV Reboot Associated Consumption
Ranking which returning TV shows had the most Reboot associated consumption between July 19, 2014 – August 19, 2015.
1. Fuller House
2. The X-Files
4. Twin Peaks
5. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
6. The Muppets
7. Heroes Reborn
8. Xena: Warrior Princess
9. Powerpuff Girls
10. Prison Break
TV Reboot Association (Not In Development)
Ranking of which TV shows not currently being rebooted had the most Reboot associated consumption between July 19, 2014 – August 19, 2015.
2. Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
3. Freaks and Geeks
4. Veronica Mars
6. Party Down
8. Pushing Daisies
9. My So-Called Life
10. Chappelle's Show
Movie To TV Reboot Association
Ranking of which movies being turned into TV shows had the most Reboot related consumption between July 19, 2014 – August 19, 2015.
2. The Notebook
4. Ash Vs. Evil Dead
6. Friday The 13th
7. Minority Report
8. Rush Hour
9. Uncle Buck
10. Galaxy Quest