For the second month in a row Found Remote is providing the top then shows from the previous month on Hulu and Netflix thanks to our analytics partner SimilarWeb. As The Daily Show with Jon Stewart comes to a finale next months fans are already ramping up their addiction to Stewart by binging him on Hulu bringing him to the top of the chart. Here are the charts and insights on the past month. Not surprisingly Orange is The New Black topped Netflix as the third season premiered last month.
(Hulu’s Top 10 shows in June 2015 represented 5.12% of the streaming service’s total desktop website visits last month.)
- Comedies dominated the list, followed by reality TV, a Japanese manga show, and a sci-fi drama.
- Comedian Jon Stewart’s Comedy Central and NBC’s Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon represented the first and the tenth shows on Hulu’s Top 10 list for last month.
- Reliable comedies like South Park and Seinfeld, took 2nd and 3rd place on the list, with Modern Family following in 9th position.
- Two reality TV shows, The Bachelorette and Master Chef, had considerable traffic, while the manga cartoon Naruto was in 6th place.
- Fox’s Wayward Pines sci-fi drama premiered in May, and appears to be drawing a reliable audience on Hulu.
(Visits to the Top 10 shows on Netflix in June 2015 accounted for 2% of the website’s total desktop traffic)
- The Netflix’s original comedy Orange is the New Black had amazing traffic. It received more than 50% of all traffic for the streaming service’s Top 10 shows in June. The launch of the new season couldn’t have been timed any better. Season 3 launched on June 11th, only days before HBO’s Game of Thrones season finale.
- Other comedies remained incredibly popular on Netflix last month. Friends, the U.S. version of The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy, Parks and Recreation, and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- The new sci-fi drama Sense8 was instantly popular with Netflix subscribers, rising to second place on the list.
- Since ABC launched Season 6 of the teen drama Pretty Little Liars on June 2nd, the show’s fans appear to have been catching up on Seasons 1 through 5 available on Netflix.
SimilarWeb is the leading competitive market intelligence firm providing data analytics on desktop websites, mobile web and mobile apps. The SimilarWeb platform provides PPC, SEO, Media Buyers and Affiliates an edge over the competition with actionable insights into their competitor’s marketing tactics. Discover the data for yourself at SimilarWeb.com, with free insights for any website or mobile app.