How Univision is engaging young fans for the 12th annual Premios Juventud
“Premios Juventud,” Univision’s youth awards, is one of the most social broadcasts of the year and tonight promises to continue the trend.
Univision’s strategy includes Twitter, Vine, Periscope, Facebook, and Snapchat activations, reaching young fans on all the platforms they’re using.
“As part of Univision’s engagement strategy, it is paramount that we listen to what our 50-plus million followers and fans want and couple that with content they love and want to share,” Mark Lopez, executive VP and general manager of Univision Digital, tells Found Remote. “We’ve seen year after year, just with Twitter alone, that our account is the most engaged and that our broadcast garners more Tweets per Unique beating major award shows. In 2014, Premios Juventud garnered more engagement on Twitter compared to the VMAs, the Billboard Awards and the Oscars.”
Univision’s success with Twitter will expand tonight with the use of Periscope. In what Univision is dubbing “Periscope POV,” fans will get live streaming access to Maluma’s, Becky G’s and other artists’ arrivals and performances.
“Univision has been experimenting with Periscope since its launch,” Lopez says. “In fact, as part of Premios Juventud nominations announcement earlier this year, production used Periscope as one of the platforms to announce the nominees as well as give fans access to the producers and writers to get history tidbits and fun facts about the show and its nominees. Apps like Periscope provide easier usability and real-time access giving broadcasters and producers another avenue to extend the access of the show and celebrities to fans.”
Below, full details about Univision’s social strategy for tonight:
· 360-behind the scenes live streaming featuring the stage and artists in the VIP area.
· Backstage live streaming of all the activities and interview with celebrities hosted by Christian Daniel, Carolina McCallister and Nastassja Bolivar.
· Periscope POV – Maluma, Becky G and select artists will stream live their arrivals and behind the scenes of the performances giving fan unprecedented access to their road to PJ.
· Best Carpet Fashion Voting: fans will be able to vote for their favorite celebrities by Tweeting with the hashtag #PJLook with the winner reveal at the end of the broadcast.
· Monstrous Performance Exclusive Fan Poll: viewers will be able to opine on social regarding the best performance of the night though Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #PJBestial. Univision’s morning show, “Despierta América,” will reveal the results the following morning.
FIRST-HAND ACCESS TO CELEBRITIES
· PJ Facebook Game Room for Celebrities – Stars performing and participating in PJ 2015 will entertain fans and give them a first-look at all that’s happening as they prepare for the show.
· Celebrity Interviews – Fans may ask questions to the stars during rehearsals and carpet arrivals by using the hashtag #PJPregunta or submitting through premiosjuventud.com. Chosen by the producers, the questions will be answered by the respective celebrity.
· Snapchat Takeovers – at the hands of William Valdes and other celebrities at PJ’s, users will be able to get an inside peek at rehearsals and all the action as the all-star lineup gets ready to put on a show.
· Fan Selfie with the Stars: Fans will have the opportunity to take a selfie with celebrities as they walk the carpet.
· Twitter GIFs – Social Media celebrity and Vine Star, David Lopez will engage with celebrities to bring fans the #SinTraducción untranslatable moments of “Noche de Estrellas.”
· Fashionometro: In a digital special, all things Premios Juventud fashion – the best, the worst and more will be covered by Jomari Goyso, Daniela DiGiacomo and Nastassja Bolivar.
· Glam-up will capture celebrities as they get inside their limos to head to the venue to start building hype for the red carpet event.