MTV honors the loudest fan communities at San Diego Comic-Con
MTV, the network behind the VMAs and Movie Awards brought back their Fandom Awards to San Diego Comic-Con last night. The awards special will air on Sunday but the winners have already been announced. The winners are selected by fans through online and social voting.
MTV's continuation of the Fandom Awards is another example of a major TV company recognizes that the loudest fans on the social web matter enough to win awards at Comic-Con, the ultimate fan event. The Hunger Games took home the biggest award of the night, "Fandom of the Year.” Finalists for this category included “Teen Wolf,” “Keeping up with the Kardashians” and “Orange is the New Black.” Here's the full list of winners.
- Fandom of the Year: The Hunger Games
- Ship of the Year: “Arrow” - “Olicity” (Felicity and Oliver)
- Best New Fandom of the Year: “iZombie”
- Feels Freakout of the Year: “Pretty Little Liars” - Who is Charles?
- Best Fandom Forever (BFF): The Twilight Saga
- Fandom Army of the Year: Fifth Harmony - Harmonizers
- Social Superstar of the Year: Superwoman
- Animation Fandom of the Year: Big Hero 6
- Best Revival Fandom of the Year: Jurassic World
You can access the Found Remote hub here. Sign up to receive The Drum's Found Remote newsletter.