Shazam executive chairman Andrew Fisher inducted into BIMA Digital Hall of Fame
Shazam’s executive chairman Andrew Fisher has become the latest to be inducted into the BIMA Digital Hall of Fame, joining previous inductees Sir Time Berners Lee and Dame Martha Lane Fox.
Fisher joined the company in 2005, during which time the service has become one of the world’s top ten most downloaded apps.
The announcement was revealed at Ham Yard Hotel in London this evening, alongside the unveiling of BIMA’s Hot 100 – a list of the UK’s digital biggest movers and shakers.
The Hot 100 are nominated by the industry, with the final list decided by a panel of leading digital experts chaired by Lawrence Weber, managing partner, Innovation at Karmarama.
This year, BIMA has split its Hot 100 into 10 categories, in recognition of the UK digital industry’s diverse talents. New entrants to this year’s BIMA Hot 100 include:
- Vikki Chowney, director of content and publishing strategies, Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Women in Tech)
- James Bassett, head of digital creative, Sony Music UK (Brand-Side Digital Stars)
- Laura-May Coope, co-founder, Social Life (Champions)
- Dan Biddle, director of broadcast partnerships, Twitter (Media Owner & Platform Stars)
- Stephen Lepitak, editor, The Drum (Media Owner & Platform)
A number of this year’s Hot 100 have featured in the list every year since 2013:
- Anil Pillai, UK CEO, DigitasLBi (Entrepreneurs & CEOs)
- Adam Stewart, Global head of digital, Vodafone Group (Brand-Side Digital Stars)
- Robin Charney, business director, Digital and Innovation, AAR (Women in Tech)
- Craig Le Grice, founder, Hub And Lab (Innovators)
- Nick Farnhill, CEO, Poke (Champions)
Adam Graham, chair of BIMA and managing partner of Cactus, said: “Andrew Fisher has been at the leading edge of digital for the last 20 years, and his place in the Hall of Fame is richly deserved, so it’s a real pleasure to announce him as our latest inductee. We’re equally excited to be celebrating the movers and shakers who have made a big contribution to our industry over the last 12 months with our Hot 100. What a talented bunch!”
View the full list of 2015 Hot 100 members here.