Budweiser has dominated Unruly Media's list of the most shared Super Bowl ads of all time, claiming three of the four top spots. All three ads feature the brand's Clydesdale horses with the most shared ad pays tribute to the fallen in the 9/11 attacks.
Still, even Budweiser’s much-anticipated commercials were defeated by the Volkswagen “The Force” which received 5,279,772 shares. This ad held the position of most shared commercial of all time for three years when it was overtaken by an ad featuring Shakira.
But grand publicity comes at a price. This year, that price is a hefty $8m for a 60-second Super Bowl spot.
The 10 SuperBowl adverts to make the chart can be viewed below in order:
1) The Force: Volkswagen Commercial - Super Bowl 2011 - 5,279,772 shares
2) Budweiser: 9/11 Commercial - Super Bowl 2002 - 3,480,685 shares
3) Budweiser: “Brotherhood” - Super Bowl 2013 - 2,891,209 shares
4) Budweiser: “Puppy Love” - Super Bowl 2014 - 2,002,143 shares
5) Ram Trucks: “Farmer” - Super Bowl 2013 - 1,940,542 shares
6) Universal: Fast & Furious 6 - Big Game Spot - Super Bowl 2013 - 1,504,867 shares
7) Chevrolet: OK Go - Needing/Getting - Official Video - Super Bowl 2012 - 1,342,452 shares
8) The Bark Side: 2012 Volkswagen Game Day Commercial Teaser - Super Bowl 2012 901,587 shares
9) Universal: Fast Five Trailer - Super Bowl 2011 - 886,669 shares
10) Star Trek Into Darkness - Official Teaser - Super Bowl 2013 - 705,935 shares
// Featured in this article