Net-A-Porter CEO Mark Sebba steps down after 11 years
Net-A-Porter chief executive Mark Sebba has announced that he is stepping down this Thursday (31 July) after 11 years in the role.
Sebba, who came on board only three years after the company was founded by Natalie Massenet, will remain a non-executive director following his retirement.
He said: “I am stepping down at a time with the company is stronger than ever. Our revenue is growing, we are market leaders and we continue to innovate and raise the bar in terms of our customer experience. We reach an audience globally of over nine million customers across multiple channels: web, mobile and app platforms.”
Net-A-Porter is thought to be worth over £2bn globally, according to Bank Vontobel AG, having been acquired by Richemont in 2010 for £225m.
Massenet said in a statement: “Mark Sebba has been the best CEO this company could have hoped for and my greatest ally.
"Since 2000, Net-A-Porter has championed innovation, creativity, technology and customer service and at its heart has been a man of incredible integrity, wisdom and strength. Not only has he grown our business exponentially and healthily and guided us through our sale to Richemont – he has also brought calm and confidence to the core of our group.”
Net-A-Porter has seen a huge growth over the past few years, including a multiplatform campaign with Stella McCartney, the launch of Porter magazine, and – last month - plans to launch a sportwear arm.