Facebook & The Condescending Corporate Brand Page explain the best (and worst) things to do when marketing on Facebook
With Facebook unveiling changes to its newsfeed, it is all the more important for marketing on Facebook to stand out. The Drum asks Kathy Dykeman, EMEA measurement solutions group lead at Facebook, for her top tips…and Condescending Corporate Brand Page what they think are the worst posts to make.
Facebook’s top tips for Facebook marketing
• Get the messaging right. As with all channels, not just Facebook, make sure the messaging of your Facebook activity is well integrated into your broader campaign objectives. To create this synergy, make sure that TV and Facebook campaigns complement each other, it seems obvious but creative executions across all your channels should reinforce each another.
• Think beyond fans. It’s vital not to forget about your target audience. It’s important to maximise reach among your target audience to increase purchases.
• Think in terms of cross-media. If used right, Facebook is the most cost-effective way to reach the right audience. We’ve seen the importance of using Facebook in cross-media campaigns demonstrated really clearly with brands like Nestle and Nutella.
• Use Facebook alongside TV and your other channels to reach new audiences. Facebook reinforces TV activity brilliantly. Nutella for example used Facebook alongside a TV campaign and found that 3.8m people saw the Facebook campaign that didn’t see it on TV (29 per cent exclusive reach), demonstrating the positive cross-media effect between Facebook and TV.
• Think about mobile reach. One of our Preferred Marketing Developers, Nanigans, found that Page Post Ads on mobile generated a 1.9x higher click through rate than those on desktop, which serves to reinforce the importance of building mobile into all campaigns.
Think you’ve got all of those nailed? Just make sure you don’t end up with your post on the Condescending Corporate Brand Page…
Condescending Corporate Brand Page’s biggest bugbears in Facebook marketing
• Click "like" if...
• Fill the ___________ posts
• Yay! It's Friday/Weekend!
• KEEP CALM posters - - No they're not funny anymore...actually were they?
• Those posts that ask you to like for this, comment for that, or share for the other