A panel discussion examining good and bad social media practices adopted by brands will be held as part of this year’s Social Media Week. The discussion will involve the judges from the Social Buzz Awards, which will include representatives from Butlins, ASOS.com, the Cabinet Office and GiffGaff.
Judging for the Social Buzz Awards, in association with iomart Hosting, will take place on Wednesday 26 September, followed by a panel session discussing social media brand campaigns that haven’t quite hit the mark.
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, will aim to cover a range of successful and unsuccessful campaigns, and discuss what worked and what didn’t.
The night will kick off with a panel discussion that will outline social media campaigns that were inspirational and hit the mark, consider the brands and campaigns that have failed to grab consumers and get them engaged and also look at brands that have come under attack on social media platforms and consider how brands and marketers can fire fight when they come under attack.
Audience members will also get the opportunity to pose questions and participate in the discussion, so come armed with your questions and opinions on social media.
The discussion will be hosted by Stephen Lepitak, news editor at The Drum and the panellists are:
• Paul Fabretti – Former Digital Director - Brazen PR
• Jae Hopkins - Head of Communications – Butlins
• Sedge Beswick - Global Social Media Executive - ASOS.com
• Nick Jones - Deputy Director, Communications – Digital - Prime Minister's Office & Cabinet sOffice
• Vincent Boon - Chief of Community – GiffGaff
• Jeremy Waite - Head of Social Strategy - TBG Digital
• Martin Harrison - Senior Planner – Huge
• Jamie Riddell - Creator of BirdSong: Social Media Reconnaissance | CEO, Co-Founder at Digital Tomorrow Today
• Jonathan Beeston -Director, New Product Innovation, EMEA, Adobe AdLens
The event takes place on September 26 between 6.30 and 8.30pm at Skypark, Glasgow. To attend you must sign up via the Social Media Week site, where you can also find out more about our panellists and what else will be happening during the event.
The awards will take place at the Emirates Stadium on 28 November. See the awards website for more information on The Social Buzz Awards or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.