Plenty of pitch activity going on, including reviews by Vodafone, Pfizer, Nestle and Warner Bros. Here we take a look...
- Vodafone reviews pan-European digital accountVodafone is seeking an agency to handle its digital account across major European markets. The telecoms giant has appointed AAR to handle a process that is expected to result in the appointment of a single agency to develop online user experience and strategy. This would then be implemented in specific markets by Vodafone’s local agencies. Vodafone is expected to maintain its current roster of local shops, which include Agency Republic, Dare and SapientNitro in the UK.
- Johnson & Johnson has triggered a review of its £1.7bn global creative, currently held by rival networks including WPP’s JWT and AKQA, Omnicom’s DDB and BBDO, Publicis Groupe’s Razorfish and Interpublic’s Lowe and R/GA.
- Ballantine’s is reviewing its global advertising, approaching roster and non-roster agencies, with a pitch expected for September. Publicis is the incumbent.
- Pfizer is looking to consolidate its £5m UK advertising, currently split between CHI & Partners, which handles the Anadin and Centrum accounts, and JWT London, which handles Viagra.
- LG Electronics is searching for an agency to handle a social media campaign, and has been in direct contact with ad agencies inviting them to pitch.
- Nestle is reviewing the digital account for its Aero brand. The company has contacted a number of agencies to pitch for the business, currently handled by Skive.
- Chivas Regal, the Pernod Richard-owned whisky brand, is on the hunt for an agency to handle its global social media.
- F&C Group is reviewing its £3m media planning and buying, with incumbent Ptarmigan Media expected to repitch.
- Warner Bros has invited agencies to compete in the pitch process for a digital advertising project.
- Jupiter Asset Management is reviewing its £2m ad account, approaching a number of agencies about the brief.
- Bòrd na Gàidhlig is seeking two agencies for print design and TV and online commercial production, with all materials and content produced in Scottish Gaelic.
- RNLI is looking to appoint an agency to handle a £2.5m fundraising account and has contacted a number of agencies.
- Turkish Culture and Tourism Office has unveiled a tender for agencies to carry out advertising campaigns abroad during 2013. Six regions are being targeted with combined budget of $48m, and the Northern Europe region budgeted at just over $21m.
|Bòrd na Gàidhlig||Design/commercial production||n/a|
|Chivas Regal||Social media||n/a|
|F&C Group||Media planning and buying||£3m|
|Johnson & Johnson||Advertising||£1.7bn|
|Jupiter Asset Management||Advertising||£2m|
|LG Electronics||Social media||n/a|
|Turkish Culture and Tourism||Global advertising||$48m|
|Warner Bros||Digital advertising||n/a|