Here are some of the best tweets in response to the news that Rupert Murdoch is now on Twitter - and then Murdoch''s own tweets .
* Maybe he's interested in the direct messaging function on here, & how you could access the messages of others???...
* The new @rupertmurdoch account appears to be verified. At least you don't need to "pay-per-view" to read it!
* From John Prescott : Good luck with your latest venture into social media. I promise not to mention MySpace.....much!
* From John Prescott: Welcome to Twitter @rupertmurdoch. I've left you a Happy New Year message on my voicemail!
* From John Prescott , on Rupert's comment that maybe Brits have too many holidays for a broke country: Now we know who writes The Sun's leader column!
* Welcome to Twitter @rupertmurdoch where it's possible to overhear millions of people's messages to one another.
* From OccupyWallSt: Welcome 2 twitter, @RupertMurdoch. Hope u picked a strong password.
* If anyone was wondering who's been rummaging through their Direct Messages, @rupertmurdoch has joined Twitter.
* The first 30 tweets from @RupertMurdoch are free, then the paywall goes up.
*From Piers Morgan: You can tell by the tweets he's doing it himself.
*From Louise Mensch MP : Twitter consensus is the @rupertmurdochaccount is genuine.
*I could be wrong, but apparently, recent Twitter arrival @rupertmurdoch has elected to use the MRI from a recent brain scan as his avatar.
* Ummm @rupertmurdoch joining twitter may be the real first sign of the apocalypse. #2012
* Hey @rupertmurdoch. I'm surprised you're only following two people. The police said it was at least 800!
* If @rupertmurdoch can't tell the difference between the tweet box and the search box this could be *fun*!
* The only media baron with any integrity AND an invulnerability to thrown pies - @RupertMurdoch
AND RUPERT'S OWN TWEETS
* Great to see alexsalmond Briton of the year. Fellow antiestablishmentarian's Econmist piece equal very good and bs!
* Maybe Brits have too many holidays for broke country!
* Back to work tomorrow. Enough idling!
* Good to see santorum surging in Iowa. Regardless of policies, all debates showed principles, consistency and humility like no other.
*I LOVE the film "we bought a zoo", a great family movie. Very proud of fox team who made this great film.
*Happy 2012. May itbe better than all experts predict. Has to be! Must change everything to create jobs for all, especiallyyoung
* Saw Fox film Descendants. Thank God, one to be proud of. Star Geo Clooney deserves Oscar, maybe film too.
* Amazing! Alexander Hamilton born (illegitimate) 40 miles away. Best man never elected president. At least, founded NY Post!
* Vacations great time for thinking. St Barth's too many people. Thoughts best kept private around here. Like London!
* Great oped inWSJ today on Ron Paul. Huge appeal of libertarian message.
* Great time in sea with young daughters, uboating.
* Steve Jobs biog interesting but unfair. Family must hate.
* Have just. Read The Rational Optimist. Great book.