Pitch update: Accounts Under Review 8 Dec 2011
The past few weeks have seen a variety of accounts come under review, including Diet Coke, EDF Energy and Heineken. Here we take a look...
- Heineken set to consolidate £230m global mediaStarcom MediaVest and Mindshare are slugging it out for the £230m global Heineken media account after the brewer announced that it is to consolidate media planning and buying for all its brands into one agency.Heineken already works with the two agencies in the majority of its regions and it has shortlisted both to compete for the account.The beer giant intends to have chosen which one will be its sole media agency by the middle of 2012.
- Coors Light is looking to appoint an agency to handle its below-the-line business. Incumbent BD Network has worked on Molson Coors’ below-the-line account since September 2009.
- Coca-Cola is reviewing its pan-European advertising for Diet Coke. Several UK agencies are understood to be in the running for a place on the soft drinks giant’s roster, with Diet Coke set to target fashionistas in the year ahead as it builds on its collaborations with the fashion world.
- Macmillan Cancer Support has called a review of its £10m ad account, which has been handled by integrated agency Arthur since 2008.
- FMCG giant Reckitt Benckiser has approached several agencies as it looks to appoint to its global digital CRM business account early next year.
- Creative England is seeking a design agency as it aims to rebrand. The contract will be worth £5,000 with design and branding SME’s invited to apply to pitch.
- EDF Energy is to review its BTL ad account, with the utility giant looking to appoint two agencies to focus on the B2B and B2C markets by June 2012.
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee is seeking a digital agency to handle the second phase development of its website. The budget for the contract will be between £235,000 and £285,000 and requests for accessing documents should be made by 22 December.
- Dundee City Council is seeking a media buying agency as it aims to run the next phase of its ‘Dundee – One City, Many Discoveries’ campaign. The budget for the campaign is £100k.
- Futures Housing Group is to appoint a PR agency to its £900k communications account, with five agencies expected to be involved in the tender process.
- Utility company Yorkshire Water is to review its £2m creative and media accounts, with agencies to submit interest by 14 December.
|Diet Coke||Pan-European advertising||£40m|
|Dundee City Council||Media||£100k|
|EDF Energy||Direct marketing||n/a|
|Futures Housing Group||PR||£900k|
|Macmillan Cancer Support||Advertising||£10m|
|R&R Ice Cream||Media planning and buying||£2m|
|Reckitt Benckiser||Global digital CRM||n/a|
|Yorkshire Water||Creative and media||£2m|