IAS chief executive Rob Morrice has moved to ban staff from drinking on week nights.
Chief executive Rob Morrice has moved to ban staff from indulging in too many scoops on a school night and coming into work with a hangover.
“It just not professional,” he told The Drum, “Even half a bottle of wine the evening before coming into work can impair how you think and approach the job. We want our team to be clear headed at all times.”
The IAS guidelines which are been issued to all staff read:
1. Do not drink during normal working hours or at lunch-time if you are working in the afternoon
2. Do not come to work with a hangover
3. Consider taking ½ day holiday after an evening event the night before
4. Do not drink and drive
5. If you have a special occasion to celebrate – do so but please inform your manager beforehand
6. Friday happy hour – the choice to drink or not is a personal one and nothing to do with the company – if you choose to drink do so responsibly
The company say that failure to follow these guidelines could result in disciplinary action, perhaps even dismissal.