Job Title: SEO Strategist
Location: London, Edinburgh or Manchester
Hybrid working and flexible working hours
Salary is in line with market rate + discretionary bonus + benefits
Space & Time is a progressive Growth Marketing agency, and proudly independent with capabilities spanning across digital media, technology, performance creative and training, from data strategy to omnichannel media planning and buying. Established in 2000 and with offices across the UK, including London, Surrey, Bournemouth, Edinburgh and Manchester, we partner with the top industry brands such as Facebook, Google and Microsoft and have won numerous industry awards, as we put customer experience at the heart of what we do.
Our clients work across a variety of sectors such as property, food & drink, health, pharmaceutical, e-commerce, charity, finance, sport & leisure and tourism. Our difference within growth marketing is driven by our talent’s ongoing pursuit of value, and our commercial mindset and business empathy. What really sets Space & Time apart, is our people and our values. Space & Time are a team of professionals who are committed, inclusive, authentic and enterprising and are especially invested in the culture of our business and work hard to foster a flexible, enjoyable and supportive working environment.
To deliver outstanding strategies and results within Organic Search. You will report into an SEO Manager, with the role requiring you to work closely with clients and colleagues, helping them to set up, manage and optimise strategies, deliverables and reporting.
You will be responsible for the creation, optimisation, analysis and strategic input for your allocated accounts, helping govern overall strategy for the clients you own and assisting on strategy of wider team accounts. You will need to deliver regular reports and actionable insight to both clients and internal stakeholders, showing SEO results, highlighting key trends and offering suggestions for continued improvement.
The ideal candidate
Experience working within an SEO position and owning the strategy for client(s) in the past. Agency experience is preferable; however, we will consider candidates from client side with experience working within in a content focused role, ideally the candidate will have experience managing executives.
You will need a commercially focused, can-do attitude, mixed with a friendly and positive outlook. A strong passion for SEO and data insight is essential, relishing the prospect of working across multiple accounts and platforms within a fast-paced agency environment.
Key duties and experience
• Manage expectations on delivery of work, accurately estimate deadlines and know when to ask for help
• Liaise with internal stakeholders and build effective working relationships
• Mediate with clients, present within meetings and lead meetings for your owned clients
• Liaise with developers and internal teams to troubleshoot issues
• Advanced working knowledge of Office Suite, incl. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Ability to fully own accounts, whilst offering regular analysis & insight into performance
• Capability to put together working roadmaps for clients over 3 – 6 month periods
• Chase opportunities for increased client growth, providing opportunities to upsell additional work that can benefit their marketing strategies
• Ensure yourself and delegates are conducting work at an efficient rate, taking time to properly learn topics and deliverable processes to enhance work rate without compromising quality
• Assisting in pitches, both by producing data that can help the pitch and in rare cases presenting a pitch to prospective clients
Leadership & Initiative
• Proactively seek opportunities to support beyond your regular duties
• Start to learn how to conduct SEO audits to identify new solutions & ideas for both clients & internal stakeholders
• Undertake relevant platform exams & accreditations
• Capability to manage and delegate work toward SEO executives, providing review and feedback on work produced and managing expectations of time and deadlines to clients
• Have a basic understanding of other channels, both online and offline, being utilised by Space & Time clients, attending training to refresh knowledge where required
• Have a working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console and how to gather insight from each
Space & Time is on a transformational growth trajectory, and we would love to take you with us!
To apply: Please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your interest in the role, as well as your salary expectations and notice period. Candidates will be considered as they apply.
At Space & Time we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Space & Time is a Disability Confident Committed Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with disabilities.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty and wish to submit your application in an alternative format or would like to discuss reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process, please get in touch either by phone on
0203 757 9500 ext 529 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees benefit from:
• Hybrid working
• Flexible working
• Company pension scheme
• Interest free season ticket loans
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Cycle2Work scheme
• Generous holiday allowance
• Extra days given off at Christmas
• Birthday early finish
• Quarterly funded socials
• Office drinks fridge
• Free fresh fruit
• Award winning Inhouse Space Academy training and development
• Difference Days/Volunteering days
• Dog-friendly offices
'I had the most amazing experience working at Space & Time. The culture is great, I felt so supported both with work and mentally and I also felt valued.’
Sade Bleu-Bashorun, Media Executive