Hostile state powers, cyber threats, terrorism, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, COVID, fake news and disinformation. These are some of the global issues that affect the world. A graphic design role at the centre of Defence Intelligence will give you an opportunity to have a significant impact on the quality of intelligence assessments produced for Ministers and senior officials within Defence and across the whole of Government.
This is a unique opportunity for a graphic designer to work collaboratively with the intelligence community. You will take an active lead in the design and creation of high-quality visuals that improves the engagement of Ministers and Senior Officials with Defence Intelligence assessments. The post holder will also be responsible for creating a strong and updated brand for Defence Intelligence and developing and implementing creative ideas for enhancing the visual impact of intelligence reports through the creative and innovative use of infographics and visualisation.
In addition to the rewarding work you’ll encounter, you will also have the opportunity to develop your skills within graphic design and your understanding of how intelligence informs national security decision-making.
• Create strong brand assets for Defence Intelligence.
• Design and create visual material to increase the presence of Defence Intelligence and enhance the impact of its intelligence assessments.
• Attend meetings with intelligence analysts to come up with creative ideas for enhancing the visual impact of intelligence assessments.
• Present work in front of team members, intelligence officials and government officials.
This position is 37 hours per week.
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact: UKStratCom-DI-PE-Recruitment@mod.gov.uk
Applications must be made online at https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi
Please enter 176888 into the Vacancy Reference field to be taken to the full job advert.
Closing date: 12 February 2022.
It is essential that:
• The post holder has a Level 5 qualification or above in a graphics or photographic related subject. Level 5 qualifications are: Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE), Foundation Degree, Higher National Diploma (HND), Level 5 Award, Level 5 Certificate, Level 5 Diploma or Level 5 NVQ.Experience Requirements
It is essential that:
• The successful applicant is confident and familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
• Clear understanding of preparing artwork and infographics for print and web.
• Good organisation and time management skills.
• Able to work independently initially, and mentor new members who join the team.
• Interested in current affairs, national security, and defence.
• Already holds, or is willing to undertake, Developed Vetting security clearance prior to an appointment (applicants without Developed Vetting clearance should be advised that the clearance process for successful applicants can take up to six months).
It is highly desirable that:
• The successful applicant can work across multiple different areas and/or is willing to learn new skills (e.g. motion graphics, illustration, 3D, animation).