Chalfont Grove, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire SL9 8TN, England, UK
- Category: Digital, Marketing, Media/Editorial/Content Management |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 24 September 2021 |
- Closing: 8 October 2021
Do you want to produce beautiful video around the world in unique places?
Do you want to work with real purpose, creativity, and trust?
Do you want to pitch and produce your own content series?
Then this might be the role for you.
BFBS Creative set up five years ago as a start-up within a charity – the British Forces Broadcasting Service. Our vision is to be the go-to creative agency for the armed forces, MOD, and wider government.
We also produce our own documentary series that you can watch here.
We can truly offer you work like no other in a supportive, encouraging, and entrepreneurial environment.
You will need to visit our Chalfont Grove headquarters to store footage and pick up equipment but you can base yourself from home or our central London office.
International travel is required as part of this role. The team have recently visited Belize, Iraq, Cyprus, Falklands, Romania, and Bahrain.
We have great benefits like -
Support for flexible working
Employee assistance programme
Dedicated mental health first aiders and full-time wellbeing lead
Staff networks around belonging, wellbeing, and environmental issues
Our own apiary and honey on site in Chalfont!
To apply please send us a portfolio of your video work and CV to email@example.com
JOB DESCRIPTION – Video Producer
Post - Video Producer
Line Manager - Senior Video Producer
Summary of Duties
Producing high quality video content for our commercial clients and homegrown content
Day-to-day Responsibilities :-
- Planning, pitching, and producing short and long form video
- Shooting, editing, and evaluating video content
- Producing paid-for content for commercial clients
- Running training sessions in video production techniques
- Keeping up to date with the latest digital trends
- Evaluating the performance of your team’s video content and adjusting your strategy to fit with what our audience is interested in
- Working with other managers within the content team on future goals and team strategy
- Occasionally taking part in commercial pitches to clients
- Taking part in creative workshops internally
- Identifying opportunities for both commercial and homegrown content
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Video Producer
ESSENTIAL - 3+ years producing digital video
DESIRABLE - Experience producing video internationally and / or in a defence environment
ESSENTIAL - Experience producing video professionally matters more than precise qualifications
DESIRABLE - Journalism or media qualification
Skills & Aptitudes/ Personal Qualities -
- Awareness of impact of actions on wider team/company
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Comfortable using a range of cameras including DSLRs
- Able to set up shoots with lighting and sound equipment
- An understanding of social media and digital trends
- How to manage multi-camera shoots
- How to manage and direct video producers
- Knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator
- Drone operation
- Understanding of digital analytics
- Experience delivering training
ESSENTIAL - Willing to go through security clearance
ESSENTIAL - Empathy for the armed forces
This role will be based in Chafont, London or remote working will be considered also.