Technical Support Specialist
- Category: Digital, Web Development/Technical |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 21 September 2021 |
- Closing: 20 October 2021
Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that enables over one million marketers, content creators, and technologists at 700 global brands to create impactful, measurable, and consistent brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change for over 70 years, we’ve evolved from an engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with a long legacy of growth driven by our passionate teams and amazing customers.
The Technical Support Specialist focuses on providing high quality, customer-oriented software service as part of our Support team. This position supports and works closely with other members of the larger Customer Success team, software developers, and product managers to understand our products and current issues surrounding the customer service of multiple applications.
- Tier 1 coverage of all Widen Applications until US office is open and US Tier 1 support coverage is availableTake ownership of escalated Tier 2 tickets, thoroughly troubleshooting these issues, and complete investigatory work prior to escalating tickets to other teams or integration partners to achieve resolution
- Engage positively with customers via chat, email, phone, and in-person interactions to lead customers through diagnostic procedures to further define any problematic issues and offer suggestions on best practice use of our SaaS applications
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with customers in non-technical terms while maintaining empathy, courteousness, and professionalism
- Proactively learn web applications, cloud technologies, and database and server infrastructure, and serve as a subject matter expert in these areas for other team members
- Use available technology to complete custom database reports and SQL requests
- Use available technology to complete custom site configuration requests
- Troubleshoot and instruct customers regarding API and SSO concepts
- Troubleshoot and instruct customers to support Adobe Creative Cloud integrations
- Troubleshoot and instruct customers to support Widen’s application integrations with Ziflow and Print UI
- Troubleshoot and instruct customers to support Widen’s out of the box integrations
- Troubleshoot and instruct customers to support Widen’s managed integrations with Workato
- Train and coach team members to expand their product and technical knowledge
- Ensure all tickets are updated with accurate and timely information
- Make recommendations and improvements to internal support documentation
- Make recommendations regarding online knowledge base articles
- Support IT for UK office operations including troubleshooting computer issues and computer setup
- On-call emergency rotation is required
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held in any form
- A genuine interest in helping users solve their problems
- Experience with Adobe CC applications, API, and SSO concepts
- At least two years of customer/software or technical support experience
- Strong functional understanding of Mac and Windows operating systems, and Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer browsers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skillsBachelor’s degree or related experience
Widen offers an extensive benefits package, including private medical, critical illness, life, and income protection insurance; as well as a pension and paid parental leave. The team is currently working remotely as a result of the pandemic. Additional perks have been added to support at-home well-being including quarterly lunches for you and your household, a free subscription to Headspace, weekly virtual yoga classes, and a remote working stipend to support your at-home office setup.
Visit www.widen.com to watch customer video interviews, learn more about the product offering, and understand our history of marketing technology innovation.