Content Manager (Maternity cover)
- Circa £34k
- Category: Copywriting, Media/Editorial/Content Management |
- Contract: Contract |
- Posted: 15 July 2021 |
- Closing: 2 August 2021
Hours: Fixed term September 2021 until November 2022. The working week will be 35 hours with core working hours between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Friday with a one-hour lunch break. A flexible working policy is offered. The office will be open from 7am – 7pm daily. Due to Covid-19, the organisation is currently working remotely with the intention of returning to the office in the near term. We then plan to trial a blend of office and home working in the hope we can establish this as a permanent arrangement that gives all members of Team Worldwide an improved work-life balance whilst also ensuring we can deliver the charity’s ambitious plans.
Benefits: Pension scheme with a 10% employer contribution. 33 days paid holiday annually, plus four public holidays as paid leave days each year over Christmas and New Year. A Cycle to Work scheme is available.
Who are we? Worldwide Cancer Research is the UK charity that will end cancer by starting cancer cures worldwide.
Sadly, 1 in 2 people in the UK will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. For us, that’s 1 in 2 too many.
Being a small charity with currently 44 employees allows us to be open, honest and personal with our supporters. Everyone who works for the charity plays a significant role – without them we wouldn’t exist.
At Worldwide Cancer Research we are committed to opportunity without barriers and we are always striving to do more to seek, value and learn from different perspectives and experiences. We know that lifesaving cancer research ideas can start anywhere, but we also know that right now some people are better placed to have their ideas heard – because of their background and the opportunities available to them.
We are committed to actively working to address this in a number of ways. As a first step, we are focusing on the promotion of diversity, fairness and equity in our recruitment processes, which is why we are delighted to share our pledge to always Show The Salary for the roles we advertise - because our team members are at the heart of everything we do to start new cancer cures around the world.
Scientists across the world are ready to conquer cancer. To help start more cancer cures and save lives, we are looking for a Content Manager to join our Brand Team.
Key information about the role
If you have significant experience in planning, developing and managing content and social media strategies, increasing brand visibility and consistency among the general public, then this is the role for you!
If you are excited about becoming part of Team Worldwide, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
- Please email your tailored CV (no more than two pages) and covering letter outlining your suitability for this role to email@example.com
- Closing date Monday 2 August 2021, 12 noon
- Interviews will be held by Video Conferencing on w/c 16 August
- Please note your covering letter will be key to the success of your application.
Worldwide Cancer Research may still be working remotely when the successful applicant commences, however the intention is that the team will return to the office as soon as possible.
Worldwide Cancer Research will hold applicant data on file for six months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period your data is deleted or destroyed.
For administrative purposes, please state where you first saw this job advertised.
Please view our recruitment privacy notice at https://www.worldwidecancerresearch.org/our-organisation/careers-at-worldwide-cancer-research/
Post: Content Manager (maternity cover)
Reporting to: Head of Brand
External: Agencies, Contributors, Partners, Curestarters, Stakeholders, Suppliers
Internal: All members of Team Worldwide
The Content Manager is responsible for effectively planning, developing and managing the content and social media strategies, based on the charity’s specific goals and objectives to increase brand visibility and consistency among the general public.
- Develop and deliver the content strategy to position Worldwide Cancer Research as the charity which starts cancer cures.
- Seek out existing content that serves the target audiences and lead the planning, creation and delivery of that content across all channels.
- Identify gaps and manage the creation, production, and publication of inspiring and engaging new online content across all channels.
- Develop a content calendar and ensure creation of content is consistent, timely and in line with the content strategy strands.
- Ensure all content produced is on brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content.
- Manage agencies, guest contributors, graphic designers, videographers and any additional content creators.
- Stay up to date with the latest content trends and generate new ideas by leading monthly brainstorms with the internal content team.
- Collaborate cross-team to ensure existing and new content is diverse, inclusive and accessible in line with the charity’s D&I approach.
- Construct a policy to regulate potentially misleading or harmful social media content.
Reporting, measurement and market research
- Establish a process for requesting, creating, editing and publishing content.
- Track web analytics to determine content engagement levels and effectiveness.
- Make recommendations based on dashboard data and work with internal content contributors to revise and measure content against organisational goals.
- Leverage marketing data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop assets that will engage audiences.
- The responsibilities within the job description are not exclusive or exhaustive. They highlight the major tasks and duties of the role and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are consistent with the overall purpose of role.
- We expect every job description will be subject to an annual review. In addition, posts may be reviewed where requirements of the charity change.
- We expect every member of staff to be a role model to others within and external to the charity during their duties upholding all the charity’s values.