Head of Marketing (Maternity Cover)
101 New Cavendish Street, London, UK
- £65k per annum
- Category: Digital, Marketing |
- Contract: Contract |
- Posted: 7 April 2021 |
- Closing: 13 April 2021
Team GB is one of the nation’s most successful sports teams and one of its most loved brands. Our vision is to ‘unite and inspire the nation through the power of Olympic sport’.
The British Olympic Association (BOA) selects, leads and manages Team GB at Olympic and Olympic Winter Games and all International Olympic Committee (IOC) and European Olympic Committee (EOC) accredited events such as Youth Olympic Games, European Youth Olympic Festivals and the European Games, and; develops the Olympic Movement and promote the principles and values of Olympism in the United Kingdom.
The BOA is an independent organisation and is privately funded by the income we receive from our commercial programmes, including sponsorship, fundraising, licensing and events.
In the next year Team GB will go the postponed Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games – now taking place in July and August 2021 – and the 2022 Beijing Olympic Winter Games. We want the nation to help inspire our athletes to extraordinary achievement by creating an outpouring of support for Team GB that lives in both the digital and physical world. With this year in mind, we also want to take inspiration from the Great British public to motivate our athletes to make lasting memories for our fans and repay the nation for their support.
Overview of Role:
The Head of Marketing is responsible for leading the brand and marketing strategy and activations for Team GB and its secondary brands, with a remit to grow the Team GB brand during this crucial period.
The role holder will lead the activation of the existing marketing campaign for Team GB for Tokyo 2020 and Beijing 2022. The role will be based in London permanently during this period, including over Games-time when the role holder will be responsible for leading the function’s London HQ operation across marketing, digital and communications.
The role holder will be required to continue to lead a brand review and refresh project, identifying how Team GB can coordinate and modernise brand assets to ultimately drive commercial appeal and affinity with fans. This project will require management of and working with an external agency.
The ideal candidate will have strong brand strategy and brand marketing experience. They will have strong brand management experience and specific examples of brand development and future brand planning to share. The candidate will have experience in driving fan engagement campaigns across platforms and touchpoints and should be able to demonstrate the ability to work with multiple groups of stakeholders.
- Provide strategic direction for the overall campaign and execution to all external stakeholders
- Coordinate campaign content across all digital channels
- Implement fan and athlete campaign activations and drive communication of the key messages
- Lead Team GB’s ambassador and influencer programmes, including celebrity endorsements
- Coordinate commercial partner activations alongside and with the Team GB campaign – collaborating with digital, content and commercial colleagues
- Drive the campaign activation via close working relationships with a wide range of marketing partners and stakeholders e.g. DCMS, UK Sport, National Governing Bodies etc.
- With the Athlete Services team and be the main point of contact for:
- Generate content opportunities and plan media activations with existing key media partners e.g. BBC, Eurosport, Ocean Outdoor, Facebook, Getty Images etc. Working with the Communications team to identify new strategic partnerships in support of the campaign.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing and motivating the brand team
- Managing the annual and quad marketing budget
- Support the commercial team – contribute to and participate in new business pitches as necessary
- Support Team GB events through coordinating of brand team e.g. Team GB Ball, FanZones etc.
- Support digital and content teams in relation to the development of the digital and channel strategy
Key relationships and team:
This role involves a high level of liaison with all BOA internal teams, external partners, agencies, stakeholders and suppliers. Close working relationships with the Commercial, Digital, Content and Communications teams, and CEO to deliver on objectives. This role reports in the Director of Communications and will directly manage other members of the Marketing team, including the in-house Designer and Marketing Executive.
A senior marketing professional with a demonstrable and strong track record of the following experience:
- 8+ years’ experience working with high profile brands at both national and international level
- Brand strategy development and implementation
- B2C marketing
- Leading on campaign management including asset development and activation
- Management and motivation of a talented team
- Understanding of content production and branding creation
- Data and CRM marketing
- Collaborative relationship building with a variety of stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of new media market trends and opportunities
- Budget planning and management
Candidates should be able to provide evidence of the following skills:
- Exceptional organisation
- Excellent communication, verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise multiple deliverables according to changing business requirements
- Entrepreneurial, creative
- Excellent people management skills
Candidates must be able to work flexibly during busy Games periods and events. Must have a hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
· Applications should be made via CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience specific to the role.
· Please submit your application to Recruitment@TeamGB.com with the reference HOM21 in the subject line.
· Closing date for applications is Tuesday 13th April 2021.
· Any questions regarding the role can be sent to Recruitment@TeamGB.com.
· Please note that we are unable to respond to all applicants and as such, if you have not been contacted by Monday 19th April you should consider you application as unsuccessful on this occasion.