Research Insights Manager
- Reflects experience
- Category: Data Marketing/Analyst, Data/Insight Planning, Market Research, Marketing |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 25 March 2021 |
- Closing: 22 April 2021
A unique opportunity to develop and shape the Research and Insights function within The Drum - a global media platform and the biggest marketing website in Europe.
Every day The Drum shares up-to-the-minute industry news from around the globe. And every month, we showcase marketing that is changing the world. With bases in London, Glasgow, New York and Singapore, our award-winning journalists inform and inspire readers, delivering first-class content across all mediums.
There’s a lot going on at The Drum. In addition to the website and magazine, we host award shows, live events, complete content marketing solutions, video production, peer-to-peer learning networks, and supplier finder services.
And we now wish to significantly enhance our research capabilities with a brand-new role to take research and insight across all areas of the business. In addition to sound Quant & Qual skills, you’ll need entrepreneurial flair to harness the potential opportunities for research & insight to contribute to business growth and development. There is an expectation the role will grow to heading a small team.
The role will be at Senior Leader level and will report directly to the Chief of Staff.
It is likely, ultimately, to have its own team (pulling in those already undertaking research/insights activities within the business, or doing analysis, and potentially recruiting externally).
- An experienced, qualified researcher – Certified member of the Market Research Society
- With a broad field of work experience – both quantitative and qualitative
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Able to brief, manage and analyse insights themselves.
- Demonstrable expertise at segmenting, analysing data (using appropriate software tools)
- Able to produce accurate and succinct reporting outputs.
- Leading our customer insights activities to monitor the performance and satisfaction of The Drum, its products and services.
- Assessing the overall value of the data we hold, and how best to maximise it in the context of research initiatives.
- Establishing insights to better understand our markets and customers, gathering valued information through segmentation and analysis.
- Running and enhancing the existing research programmes, including all the top lists, quarterly omnibus, The Drum Recommends, etc
- Utilising the judging and other panels to maximise their value and benefit to the business.
- Conducting insights and or analysis to identify topics to drive editorial, panel debates, events, Open Mic, etc
- Identifying specific insights/reports for The Drum to undertake to establish itself as a thought leader.
- Coordinating with key functions across the business to ensure a unified approach to insights topics and themes, and the gathering and use of data/the research engine.
- Managing (with the Head of Data) all customer and client data to ensure all preferences are correctly logged and maintained, and best practise research principals are being followed.