PR and Content Manager
- Category: Copywriting, Public Relations/Communications |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 23 March 2021 |
- Closing: 20 April 2021
Are you someone who can tell a great story? Someone who can translate complex ideas and insights into digestible and engaging thought leadership content? Someone with a keen eye for a media opportunity and an unrivalled network of relationships with journalists, especially in the US, UK and APAC? Do you have a few social media skills up your sleeve too?
We’re looking for a passionate and dynamic (and plate spinning) PR & Content Manager to join our marketing team in our currently virtual, but normally central London, HQ. Our ideal candidate will be a skillful and speedy content writer with keen editing skills, a thoughtful and influential PR leader and someone who builds relationships, collaborates and manages multiple stakeholders with ease. This individual will also have experience working in a similar role within the adtech or martech space – as we’re in a fast moving industry and we’ll need you to hit the ground running and be someone who thrives in a fast paced team.
Reporting into the CMO, this role is responsible for the strategy and execution of Blis’ global PR, content and social media goals. The PR & Content Manager will have extensive experience of creating quality content, from press releases and editorial to blog posts and ebooks, social media campaigns and broader insights pieces derived from research, all designed to generate consistent brand awareness, lead gen and drive results. It is a soup-to-nuts role from strategy to execution, so we’re looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves, get stuck in and consistently deliver.
Another key component of the role is developing and nurturing key industry press contacts and identifying and creating media opportunities to develop Blis as a leading voice in the adtech industry. This individual will be responsible for devising creative PR moments to raise our profile and develop content to amplify our regional and global campaigns.
Blis is the trusted leader in location-powered advertising and analytics, helping brands understand, reach and engage consumers globally to deliver measurable results. Because location data is the most accurate indicator of ’real’ behaviour and intent at scale vs any other type of data, Blis uses this data to map real-world consumer behaviours based on where people are and where they've been, uncovering the truth about what people actually do.
Established in the UK in 2004, Blis now operates in more than 40 offices across five continents. Working with the world’s largest and most customer-driven companies across all verticals including Unilever, Samsung, McDonald's, HSBC, Mercedes Benz and Peugeot, as well as every major media agency, Blis reaches over a billion mobile devices a year.
Blis is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity makes us a better company.
- Responsible for the strategic direction, management and execution of all global PR, positioning Blis as an industry leader, including driving plans developed by our external PR agency.
- Develop and execute global content and social media strategy and work closely with regional heads of marketing in London, New York and Singapore to enrich and support our local PR, content and social strategies.
- Manage a PR agency supporting in key markets
- Managing regular PR/content/social reporting to demonstrate ROI for our PR and thought leadership activities.
- Content development and promotion:
- Create an efficient content engine to help Blis share its key insights, points of view and knowledge on pressing industry and consumer-related topics.
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team and other departments to create and rollout impactful content programmes and campaigns – the work will go beyond just content creation to campaign development and implementation.
- PR execution:
- Create a steady drumbeat of proactive and reactive news to keep Blis top of mind, through regional and globally focussed content.
- Stay on top of industry news and ensure Blis has a voice on relevant and topical issues.
- Develop global POVs – both strategic and reactive.
- Manage the day-to-day work of our PR agency.
- Establish executive profiles and develop platforms.
- Media training for key spokespeople globally.
- Develop engaging speaker pitches that win slots on stage (on screen) at industry and partner events, as well as developing content for presentations.
- Manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across Blis to respond quickly and effectively and acting as spokesperson.
- Social media:
- Own the Blis social media channels and create and manage content.
- Be responsible for the growth and impact of the Blis social media channels.
- Promote social selling within the organisation to amplify our news on social.
- An ideas generator with a nose for a good story.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in PR and communications strategy, content and social.
- Proven ability to develop content and stories that captures the attention of clients and press.
- Creative ability, and the energy and enthusiasm to develop and promote initiatives.
- Consistent track record in delivering global top-tier media hits and thought leadership.
- Strong media industry trade media relationships in the US and UK are a must; relationships in EMEA, Asia and Australia/New Zealand a big plus.
- Social media savvy with creative flair.
- Soft skills:
- Excellent communication, presentation and awareness skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong collaborator and adept at relationship and stakeholder management internally at all levels of the organisation and externally. .
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.