New Business Development Manager
- Category: Sales/Business Development |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 11 February 2020 |
- Closing: 3 March 2020
The Drum is founded on the belief that marketing can change the world.
A fast growing and disruptive global media and events business serving a vibrant, expanding and creative B2B eco system. Engaging brands, agencies, media owners, platforms, martech, adtech and creatives whilst on its journey to become the marketplace for marketers.
"The Drum has been tweaking the noses of its more established rivals for some time now. Its journey is a lesson in the opportunities of the internet age. Good luck to them.”
—Sir Martin Sorrell
Business Development Manager
We have an exciting opportunity in our London office for an ambitious and experienced Business Development Manager to join the sales team behind the fastest growing media and marketing platform in the US and APAC and the largest in Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for a career-driven sales professional looking to join a fun, creative and results focussed team, securing memberships and developing partnerships with clients to grow revenue from some of the most exciting agencies across EMEA. The candidate must have a strong track record and be able to demonstrate a successful career past in securing new business and consistently exceeding revenue targets.
Reporting to the Head of Sales EMEA, our Business Development Manager will be focussed solely on securing new business and growing The Drum’s membership offering amongst some of the world’s leading agencies. We are seeking candidates that have a strong background in B2B marketing solutions, membership sales and enter the business with agency relationships. Ideally you will have experience selling to agency C-Suite level and have knowledge of both agency side growth and brand side services procurement.
For more information on our membership offering see details of The Drum Network here, https://www.thedrum.com/network
The Drum Recommends here, https://www.recommendedagencies.com/
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- To significantly increase The Drum Network and The Drum Recommends membership base, with an initial focus on London based agencies
- To sell membership and related marketing solutions to Agency leaders
- To build a network senior agency contact CEO/founder and c-suite level
- To consistently beat new business targets
- To delight our customers with market-leading sales and service.
- To own and execute your sales plan as part of a focussed and skilled commercial team.
- To educate customers and demonstrate value to invest in our membership solutions.
- To collaborate with international sales, marketing, operations and content teams to deliver on solutions and grow revenues.
- To research and be aware of competitor activity, industry trends and news and identify commercial opportunities from these.
- To attend corporate events as required and to represent the company in a professional manner.
- To act as a role model to other members of the sales team
- A team player who contributes to ideas and feedback.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience of B2B marketing services sales.
- Experience in selling commercial media partnerships and memberships.
- Relevant consultative style sales training and experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-growing organisation.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strong prospecting and new business development skills.
- A collaborative, creative spark with the ability to effectively work with other departments.
- Proven results from a similar role.
- Must be able to travel for work.
- A network of contacts at independent, mid-tier and network agencies
Essential to All Roles
- Meeting Customer Needs
- Managing Relationships
- Working with Others
- Self Confidence
Specific to This Role
- Personal Results
- Influencing Others
- Active Listening
- Personal Organization
To apply for this opportunity and develop your career within a fast growing and creative global brand, please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your suitability and salary expectation to Tehmeena.email@example.com.