- Category: Copywriting, Creative, Public Relations/Communications |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 10 February 2020 |
- Closing: 24 February 2020
The Drum is founded on the belief that marketing can change the world.
A fast growing and disruptive global media and events business serving a vibrant, expanding and creative B2B ecosystem. Engaging brands, agencies, media owners, platforms, martech, adtech and creatives whilst on its journey to become the marketplace for marketers.
"The Drum has been tweaking the noses of its more established rivals for some time now. Its journey is a lesson in the opportunities of the internet age. Good luck to them.”
— Sir Martin Sorrell
As The Drum aims to alter its editorial structure, it is looking for a talented sub-editor to ensure standards remain high across our all elements of publishing. This role requires a proven sub-editor who is capable of working at speed without sacrificing accuracy and possesses the versatility to work across both online and print formats.
Working within The Drum’s international editorial team, your job will be to edit news, features and analysis for our busy website, monthly magazine and supplements. You will understand the differences in tone and style that these publications require and should be as confident working online as you are in print. A keen eye for detail, an understanding of web style, appreciation of SEO techniques and an ability to craft compelling headlines are all essential. Familiarity with InDesign is also desirable.
To apply for this opportunity and develop your career within a fast growing and creative global brand, please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your suitability and salary expectation.Skills Requirements
This individual will need strong skills and proven experience of working to deadlines on publications that demand high editorial standards.
- Strong grammatical and analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Familiarity with InDesign
- Demonstrable experience of working both online and in print publishing.
Reporting to the deputy editor in Glasgow, key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Editing news and features for our website and print editions, ensuring factual and grammatical accuracy
- Making sure The Drum's tone of voice is being met across all our publications
- Composing eye-catching headlines, standfirsts and captions
- Spotting and fixing any errors in copy
- Updating the house style guide and making sure it is followed by staff and contributors
- Helping to source appropriate imagery and graphics
- Working on other company copy as required