Business Development Manager - US
New York, NY, USA
- Category: Creative, Sales/Business Development |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 7 February 2020 |
- Closing: 21 February 2020
Business Development Manager - US
The Drum has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our New York based team. An excellent opportunity for a career-driven sales professional to join a fun, creative and results focussed team, developing partnerships with clients to grow revenue from some of the most exciting companies in the world.
About The Drum
The Drum is founded on the belief that marketing can change the world.
A fast growing and disruptive global media and events business serving a vibrant, expanding and creative B2B eco system. We call it the world's marketplace for marketers. With over 1.4m users Globally, 230,000+ members and a fast growing audience in APAC, we provide great content, unique events and useful tools to empower and connect Brands, agencies, media owners, platforms, martech, adtech, creatives and more...
"The Drum has been tweaking the noses of its more established rivals for some time now. Its journey is a lesson in the opportunities of the internet age. Good luck to them." - Sir Martin Sorrell
Reporting to the SVP in the US, this critical role will be focussed on driving new business and growing existing accounts by selling marketing solutions and memberships across the US.
You will sell a portfolio of solutions including conference and awards sponsorship, branded content, digital and print advertising and our fast growing membership solutions including The Drum Network, The Drum Recommends and Open Mic. We are seeking applicants that have a strong background in these areas, who can educate and inspire prospects to see the benefits of working with The Drum and rapidly deliver sales results.
You will have a proven track record in beating new business targets and growing existing accounts, a self-start attitude with experience of working remotely whilst being a great team worker and communicator.
To Apply for this opportunity and develop your career within a fast growing and creative global brand, please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your suitability and salary expectation.
Essential to All Roles
- Meeting Customer Needs
- Managing Relationships
- Working with Others
- Self Confidence
Specific to This Role
- Personal Results
- Influencing Others
- Active Listening
- Personal Organization
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience in selling corporate memberships
- Experience in selling conference and awards partnership
- Experience in selling B2B digital marketing solutions
- Relevant consultative style sales training and a history of success.
- A consistent track record of beating new business and account growthtargets
- Ability to work effectivelyin afast-growingorganisation.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strong prospecting and new business development skills.
- A collaborative, creative spark with the ability to effectively work with other departments.
- Provenresultsfrom asimilar role.
- Must be able to travel for work and be based in the US.
- A network of contacts at independent, mid-tier and network agencies in the US, with contacts in publishers, ad tech and client-side marketers a bonus.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- To develop and sell new and existing solutions direct to customer base in the marketing industry ecosystem
- To increase The Drum Network and The Drum Recommends membership base amongst US-based marketing agencies.
- To retain and grow marketing solutions revenue from the region with a focus on repeatable solutions
- To delight our customers with market-leading sales, advice and service.
- To own and executeyour sales plan as part of a focused and skilledcommercial team.
- To educatecustomers and demonstrate value to invest in new and innovative ways of engaging ourglobal and regionalaudiences.
- Tocollaborate withinternationalsales, marketing, operations and contentteams todeliver on solutions and grow revenues.
- To research and be aware of competitor activity, industry trends and news and identify commercial opportunities from these.
- To attend corporate events as required and to represent the company in a professional manner.
- A team player who contributes to ideas and feedback.
- Consistent and strategic use of salesforce
- Grow the patch to the point where we need to recruit more sales staff for you to manage
- A collaborative, creative spark with the ability to effectively work with other departments
- Proven results from a similar role
- Desirable – a network of contacts at network agencies, publishers, platforms and tech vendors