User Experience Lead
Kings Cross - St Pancras, Camley Street, London, UK
- Category: Digital, User Experience |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 7 January 2020 |
- Closing: 21 January 2020
Following the transition of LNER from Virgin Trains in June 2018, a brand new LNER digital team has been created to manage some exciting, high-profile digital development projects aimed at achieving our aspiring business digital transformation roadmap. The team comprises of programme delivery, data and personalisation, digital experience strategy, system architecture, and product owner functions.
Do you want to spearhead the digital transformation in transport? Do you want to join the best (slightly biased we know!) railway in the UK?
This role is responsible for being the user advocate, making sure every LNER digital customer and employee digital touchpoint is designed to deliver the best experience possible.
The role will make sure that interactions and requirements are well researched and understood for all key customer segments to steer to the creation of digital solutions, enabling projects to build the best possible solutions and experiences. You'll be required to wear ‘multiple hats', spanning all elements of user design across the end journey; including the creation of user stories, guiding online user experience design on both our products and new systems, and service design of projects like “station of the future”, one of the most exciting projects across the rail industry!
Your expert approach will guide the rest of the business & increase our capability of what good practice looks like in UX, a brand new role in a brand new team in a brand new business – how exciting!
You'll need to…
- Guide and develop user stories / journeys for customers and staff alongside key business stakeholders to help guide and define product direction omni-channel and deliver success in user experience satisfaction.
- Maintain and create customer personas through user research and ensure all user experience frameworks are effectively communicated across the team, business and agencies and utilised in all digital design – refresh as required to ensure these maintain relevance.
- Support the onboarding of new digital and technology suppliers to immerse them in our LNER Digital experience, ensuring our design concepts are at the core of their outputs, influencing updates as required.
- Develop a strong understanding of our digital technologies and systems, and evaluate their UX (user experience) effectiveness, working with business and product owners to implement improvements that will better enhance user experience.
- Conduct regular user research and usability testing to inform digital product development, working closely with the Insight team and communicating findings across project teams.
- Work closely with the Business Analyst team to ensure the business requirements and suppliers meet user story needs.
- Review wireframes and task flows based on user needs to ensure products are based on usability and functionality.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends in user experience and find ways to introduce these to LNER's digital products and technologies.
- Act as an ambassador for user experience design across the company educating people on the importance of this approach and showing impact in user satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Digital Business Engagement Manager to run ideation sessions and workshops to identify internal and external user pain points, ensuring our internal teams are fully engaged in the design process.
- Apply a data approach to user design – working closely with our Product, Data & Decisioning, Insight and Analytics team amongst others to fully optimise our products introducing relevant UX tools and platforms as appropriate.
Sounds exciting doesn't it… of course, with this being such an integral role to the team there are a few ‘must haves'…
We'd love you to have the enthusiasm & excitement we have around our new digital future. You'll be a true expert in all things user experience & have a successful track record of delivering successful digital projects with UX at the heart of everything you do.
We'd love you to have…
- Extensive experience specifically in User Experience / Service design
- Sound knowledge of UX principles centred in human design
- Experience in developing and using user research and insight
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- BA or formal qualification in UX desired but not required
- Working UX community participant desired
- Google Analytics experience (or other web analysis tools) desired
- Service focused business experience desired
Do you feel like this could be the next exciting chapter in your career? Can you come and support us, developing us as a Digital leader? If those answer are 'YES' it's time to update your CV and click ‘apply'!
We look forward to reading over your CV.