- England: London
- 30000 - 36000 per annum + benefits
- Category: Marketing |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 12 November 2019 |
- Closing: 10 December 2019
- Reference: JST / 28569
I am partnering with a well known membership body, one the UK’s National Academy’s in Central London on the search for a Communications Manager. You will be part of the busy communications team, where you will promote their rapidly expanding research and international programmes, proactively raising their profile and engaging key opinion formers through both traditional and digital media outreach.
The successful candidate will have a track record of placing existing news stories in National media and have a great nose for news and tenacious approach. You will build and maintain good links with media contacts and partner organisations, and will be encouraged to attend high-profile events, as well as working alongside the fellows and researchers. This role reports into the Head of Media and Engagement.
Ideal candidates will display:
* Successful track record in press and media relations
* Experience of writing news releases or freelance writing
* Understanding of the media and their needs
* Understanding of how to generate and evaluate media coverage and engagement
* Comfortable working in a scientific and technical environment
* Knowledge of a variety of social media platforms and strategies
* An engineering or scientific background would be a bonus
* Experience of senior stakeholder management
Ideally candidates will have experience working in the Not-for-Profit sector but this is not necessarily essential. If you are interested in discussing the role in more detail please apply with an up to date CV.
Unfortunately due to the high number of applications we receive we will not be able to come back to all unsuccessful candidates so if we have not come back to you 1-2 weeks after you application unsuccessful. This is a fast moving role so please get in touch ASAP if you are interested.