Creative Editorial Writer Branded Content
- Category: Copywriting, Creative, Data/Insight Planning, Media/Editorial/Content Management |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 22 October 2019 |
- Closing: 1 November 2019
The Drum is a fast growing and disruptive global media and events business. Serving a vibrant and creative B2B eco system The Drum is founded on the belief that marketing can change the world.
Our clients and partners are the biggest brands, agencies, media owners and tech suppliers in the industry including Adobe, Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google. In addition to our world leading website www.thedrum.com we provide award shows, live events, content marketing solutions, video production, research and peer to peer learning.
We are now looking to appoint a brilliant Creative Editorial Writer to join The Drum’s branded content team.
Reporting to The Drum’s Associate Editor, the role of Creative Editorial Writer is pivotal and focuses on delivering excellent and varied written branded content to clients of The Drum. Editorial must be delivered to a high standard, resonating with our savvy and expert key audiences - the global Marketing and Advertising community. A pivotal part of this role will also be sub editing and re-writing existing copy.
As part of the branded content team, this role is highly collaborative both internally and externally, so organisation and communication are key. The ability to write engaging copy at a fast pace is imperative to this role – as we work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure and energetic environment.
No two days will be the same. You’ll be working across an array of branded content for clients from the marketing, media and adtech industry, primarily liaising with the Associate Editor, the Head of Branded Content and Project Managers within the team. Example brands we have worked on this year alone include…Facebook, Microsoft, Waze, Shutterstock, Twitter, Oracle and IBM.
Your client base will be spread across EMEA, the USA and APAC. This year so far we have held events in London, LA, Paris, Berlin, Austin and Cannes, to name a few!
You will be joining an award-winning team of 90 with influence across millions of relevant people in the marketing world. With bases in London, Glasgow, New York and Singapore The Drum is now at an exciting stage in our global expansion to create the first marketplace for marketers.
If you fit the above criteria and are ready to take on your next challenge in a fast-paced environment please send us a covering letter to say why you would like this position at The Drum, as well as your CV.
- To fully manage, create and curate editorial elements of designated branded content project
- Re-writing and editing existing copy
- To create content that is search engine optimised, and hits client engagement targets
- Unsurpassed proofing skills, ensuring that all output is spelling and grammatically error free
- To respond to clients / internal parties in a timely manner and always within one working day maximum
- To assist in the planning of branded content including timelines and deliverables
- To help source external resources for branded content projects for example panellists
- To manage freelance content creators when needed
- To ensure costs incurred on projects are kept within agreed budgets
- To assist in responding to briefs and proactive pitches for business outside of briefs where required
- To take responsibility for attaining ongoing product and client knowledge
- To be aware of competitor activity, industry trends and news
- To attend corporate events or field appointments as required and to represent the company,
- in a correct and professional manner. In the UK and internationally.
- To be a core player in The Drum Branded Content team, contributing ideas and feedback
- Any other reasonable duties as required