Director of Brand and Communications
- Circa £70k
- Category: Brand Management, Digital, Public Relations/Communications |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 8 October 2019 |
- Closing: 4 November 2019
Are you an inspirational leader, an expert in brand, communications and engagement, looking for your next challenge?
What you’ll be doing
Which? is the largest independent consumer organisation in the UK. As well as offering expert reviews and advice on almost everything under the sun, our policy work has driven some of the biggest positive changes for consumers over the past 62 years.
Our products, services, and campaigns help to make people’s lives fairer, simpler and safer. We help people to find real value for money. And what makes Which? unique is that we are completely independent - with no owners, shareholders or government departments to answer to.
The Brand and Communications teams have a vital part to play in the successful delivery of our work and ambitions. We have a trusted brand with fantastic teams, doing diverse work across our research, commercial products, advice, campaigning and policy activities. We want to champion this by ensuring our brand looks and sounds consistent, and is always distinctive..
This role also has the opportunity to use or insight to stretch the reach of our brand; to support our ambitions to protect consumers from harm and to reach ever-wider and more diverse audiences. We want to continue to build a strong media profile and social media presence to deliver compelling communications that drive commercial, advocacy and campaigning activity with our members and supporters.
- Lead the delivery of brand proposition, strategy and identity to deliver our ambitions within audience diversification, via social, member engagement and external activities
- Oversee strategic marketing and communications planning across Which?, ensuring communication to consumer, policy maker and business audiences achieves our commercial and charitable KPI's
- Oversee the external and internal communications activities across for the Which? Group, across our press office, internal communications, corporate communications, corporate reputation, social media and events
- Optmise the execution of communications across all channels to support the overall Which? strategy
- Oversee our Member & Supporter Engagement strategy to support the delivery of initiatives and campaigns that grow impact and revenue
- Lead consumer insight including customer intelligence, data, analytics and business reporting that enables measurement and drives actions across our brand and commercial activities
- Work closely with Product, Content, Commercial and Advocacy teams to ensure the customer journey from point of acquisition to lasting relationship is seamless and appropriately supported at all key touch points to maximise engagement and impact.
This is a high-profile role, sitting on Which?’s leadership team and reporting directly to the CEO; you will work closely with the leadership team, CEO and our trustees. You will bring excellent relationship-building and management skills and will lead a highly experienced, motivated and passionate team of individuals.
At Which? we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers.