Central London, London, UK
- £26,500 - £32,000 depending on level of experien
- Category: Creative, Design, Digital |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 16 August 2019 |
- Closing: 30 August 2019
We’re looking for an ambitious Creative Lead who is passionate about the environment, to join our purpose driven team. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director and will lead on Hubbub’s core communications to grow our audiences and amplify our content. From time to time you may also get involved in delivering campaigns. On a typical day you might create content around the latest news and trends, sparking online conversations that engage Hubbub’s followers and bring in new ones. You might run a brainstorming session to develop a new idea, or work with a project team to create digital campaign ads, and then use your analytical skills to maximise their impact.
We're looking for someone with a great sense of humour and is able to communicate in a way that is quirky, who thrives on challenges, has an active interest in current affairs and can work confidently under their own initiative.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Leading on strategies to amplify Hubbub’s content, including planning and creating themed social media campaigns, newsletters, and digital advertising.
• Staying up to date on current news and trends, building these into Hubbub’s communications.
• Creating content and copywriting using a playful and knowing tone which I central to Hubbub’s brand.
• Managing Hubbub’s social media and digital advertising accounts including Google Ads, Facebook / IG ads etc.
• Managing the Hubbub website to make sure it creatively communicates Hubbub’s campaigns, content and key messages.
• Leading on SEO to make sure it’s integrated into our website and digital communications.
• Monitoring the impact of our communications using tools like google analytics.
• Supporting the development of relationships with external content collaborators.
• Being flexible and willing to support on campaigns and pitch in where needed to support the wider team. No task is too big or too small.
• A passion for engaging and communicating with people in a way that’s sociable, playful and knowledgeable.
• Excellent written communications, including writing playful and engaging copy for websites and social media.
• Great organisation skills with attention to detail.
• Experience in managing and supporting website(s) and SEO.
• Creating and leading on strategic social media campaigns and digital advertisements, using Google Ads, Facebook / IG ads and Google Tag Manager.
• Basic proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe Bridge, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign.
THE PERSON: Hubbub’s success and distinctiveness rests on the quality of our people. No matter where they are in their career, our employees are and should continue to be:
• Intellectually and politically curious and engaged
• Proud of the work they do
• Upbeat, motivated by difficult challenges, and tenacious in solving them
• Creative, innovative and playful
• Team players, sharing success and solving issues and challenges collaboratively
• Organised, dedicated and conscientious, with fantastic attention to detail
• Flexible, willing and able to respond to constant change and challenge
• Committed to communicating in a way that is compelling, clear, accurate and accessible
HOW TO APPLY: Before midnight on Sunday 8th September, please send your CV to email@example.com and put which job you are applying for in the email title along with:
• A one page cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate and why this is the right role for you;
• A brief outline of the best digital advertisement you’ve seen that engages the public in sustainability, and why you think it's the best. (Max 200 words)
ABOUT HUBBUB AND OUR CULTURE
Our vision is to create a world where everyone is an environmentalist, (whether they realise it or not). We inspire ways of living that are good for the environment, by designing campaigns that make environmental action desirable. We disrupt the status quo to raise awareness, nudge behaviours and shape systems. We do this with knowledge and playfulness… and we won’t make you feel bad.
Give a damn about the environment: it’s at the heart of everything we do because we’re committed to taking action on climate change and the environment. We care about the difference we make and are honest about our impact.
Curious: have an interest in people, places, trends, politics and the world we live in. Asks questions, seeks knowledge and has self direction to discover the answers. Has an eye for detail and is intuitive, seeing opportunities.
Entrepreneurial: acts like a leader and embraces context and freedom over control and process. Nimble and brave enough to take risks, trusting instincts to experiment without fear. Proud of independent spirit. Takes initiative and responsibility.
Creative: re-imagining everything. Thinking outside the box. Trusting intuition and bringing magic to the everyday. Continually challenging our own status quo.
Playful: Positive and playful to connect to people, catch imaginations and make people smile, because the world is serious enough. Believes in the power of using humour to create change.
HOW WE WORK – THE HUBBUB WAY
• Discover: We listen, observe and ask questions to gain insight and knowledge to understand the people and places we want to inspire. We use our intuition and experience to identify opportunities to instigate action on environmental issues.
• Collaborate: we believe the cause is bigger than the organisation. We build collaborations of organisations, big and small, who share our ambition.
• Design: We design campaigns that make environmental action desirable. We use behaviour change techniques, positive language and highlight the benefits. We use good design, seasonal hooks and a splash of playfulness.
• Experiment: we constantly experiment, measure and adapt what we do, to find out what has the biggest impact.
• Scale: We share what we discover, the good and the bad. When it works, we open source our ideas and build transformative opportunities that enable people to replicate and scale to have a bigger impact.