Product Design Team Lead
- Category: Digital, E-Commerce, Mobile/App, Project Management, Public Relations/Communications, Social Media, User Experience, Web Development/Technical, Web Trafficking |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 14 August 2019 |
- Reference: 745152952
Product Design Team Lead
- One of the UK's most popular small business finance apps with over 90,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances Product Design Team Lead
- Loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered "exceptional")
- Rated on Trustpilot. See what customers say
This is your chance to come and shape the future of small business banking and accounting!MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
It's an exciting time at FreeAgent. We're seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products and experiences for our customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we're working on the cutting edge. We're focused on designing the best possible experience for our growing customer base.CREATING THE BEST PLACE TO WORK:
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We value a diverse team, and we believe the variety of experiences and backgrounds in our team make us stronger. We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, which is why we stick to a 35-hour working week and still Get Things Done.THE ROLE:
As a Product Design Team Lead you'll play a key role within the Design team, helping to shape and implement the product design strategy of the business.
Faced with challenging product design problems, you'll craft innovative and elegant solutions for our core web and mobile applications that will be used by tens of thousands of customers around the world.
Additionally, you'll be managing other smart designers, ensuring they're well directed, motivated, productive and engaged in their work.DAY TO DAY YOU'LL BE MAKING AN IMPACT BY:
- Providing your team with a clear vision, strategy and direction, motivating and supporting them to deliver their best work
- Working closely with senior leadership to define our long-term design strategy and how this aligns with our wider company strategy
- Championing the value and role of design across the wider organisation
- Helping to plan, schedule and assign work that contributes towards our long-term design strategy and goals
- Owning our design system, and making sure all team members are engaged and motivated to contribute to this, and overseeing documentation from your area.
This would be a great role for you if you're already in a team lead position and looking for a new challenge but we'll also consider someone stepping up from a senior product design role. You don't need to tick every box here but ideally you'd have:
- Experience leading projects and design teams, including people management responsibilities
- Experience of working collaboratively across an organisation, navigating competing priorities and translating these into team level objectives
- Confidence to work with engineers to implement new features within our website and application frameworks
- Experience working with and building pattern libraries for complex applications and championing these within the wider team
- A track record of designing user interfaces for complex applications, translating user requirements into elegant, usable solutions
- Knowledge of best practices with regard to web standards, usability and accessibility
- Knowledge of fundamental UX techniques including user testing, wireframing, prototyping, interaction flows and information architecture
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience working with developers using HTML and CSS
£50,000 - £64,000 per annum depending on experience, plus we provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website .APPLYING FOR THE ROLE:
Our application process is simple; please include:
- A CV
- A design portfolio is a must have, and we like ones that feature case studies. We'd love to hear about your work not just see it.
- You may have work out there in the wild that you can point at to help us see what really interests you as a designer.
Our selection process usually involves a phone interview, a video call with the Design team, and a practical exercise and a visit to our beautiful Edinburgh office so you can meet and get to know the team. Don't worry, we're a nice bunch and we work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team, and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build FreeAgent are reflecting our diverse customer base and bringing with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions, and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
Don't forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!