Director of Digital
- Category: Digital, E-Commerce, Mobile/App, Project Management, Public Relations/Communications, Social Media, User Experience, Web Development/Technical, Web Trafficking |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 14 August 2019 |
- Reference: 745172393
A senior, credible, delivery-focused digital and IT leader is needed to take ownership of the digital landscape across this visible and important Trust as it undertakes a mission critical transformation. Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) is already a global digital exemplar, known for its forward-thinking approach to technology. It is now seeking a board-level digital technology leader to help the organisation through a period of change and to drive continuing improvement in IT and digital provision.
The Trust is one of the six academic health science centres in the UK and provides accessible high-quality healthcare together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions. The Trust is recognised as a centre of excellence and innovation with many of the hospital specialists being leaders in their field. Addenbrooke's Hospital provides emergency, surgical and medical care for local people and is the Major Trauma Centre (MTC) for the East of England. It is also a regional centre of excellence for specialist services such as transplantation and a government-designated biomedical research centre. It is also a partner in the development of the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. Based on the same site as Addenbrooke's, the Rosie Hospital is a women's hospital and the regional centre of excellence for maternity care.
Leading colleagues in the e-Hospital team, you will hold responsibility for IT and digital across the Trust plus the ongoing delivery, and adoption, of technology enabled change. The Director of Digital will lead senior stakeholder engagement, both within the Trust, and across the local and national health economies. You will also progressively lead a digital and IT team of over 300 people whilst closely managing a multi-million pound budget.
- Take high-level accountability for the Trust's current and future digital and IT landscape, plus all mission critical Digital/IT programmes. Devise a progressive Digital strategy and all underpinning IT/technology strategies to ensure CUH remains at the leading edge of UK healthcare technology.
- As the senior digital leader for the Trust, act as ambassador for digital and Information Technology. Seek opportunities to co-operate and build peer-to peer-relationships with the senior leadership team. Pro-actively represent the organisation externally, ensuring the Trust takes a leading role in driving the digital/IT aspects of the local and regional health economy.
- Provide strong functional leadership to the e-Hospital teams, building confidence, increasing capability and spearheading the adoption of contemporary digital/IT disciplines. Develop a professional Digital/IT team culture which earns a reputation for fast-paced, consistent delivery.
- An impactful, director-level Healthcare Digital and IT leader with the engagement, communication and relationship building skills to allow you to work at the strategic level. You will have held senior level responsibility in a significant digital/IT function and have the credibility to relate to board level organisational, clinical or external stakeholders.
- A proven leader of digital technology resource, with highly developed people skills, you will demonstrate the ability to build a compelling future vision for digital. An inspirational coach and mentor you should also bring demonstrable experience of maturing teams, driving professional development and introducing new ways of working.
- You will demonstrate a track record of successful, large-scale, mission-critical digital/IT enabled business change delivery. This experience will be allied with robust financial, commercial and 3 rd party management ability.
Submit your CV in confidence by following the APPLY button to learn much more about this fantastic opportunity.