Business Development Manager - Glasgow
- Category: Sales/Business Development |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 4 July 2019 |
- Closing: 1 August 2019
The Drum is founded on the belief that marketing can change the world.
A fast growing and disruptive global media and events business serving a vibrant, expanding and creative B2B eco system. Brands, agencies, media owners, platforms, martech, adtech, creatives and more…
"The Drum has been tweaking the noses of its more established rivals for some time now. Its journey is a lesson in the opportunities of the internet age. Good luck to them.”
—Sir Martin Sorrell
Business Development Manager – Glasgow
The Drum currently has an exciting opportunity at our Head Office in Glasgow for an ambitious Business Development Manager, looking to join the sales team behind the fastest growing media and marketing platform in the US and APAC and the largest in Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for a career-driven sales person looking to join a fun, creative and results focussed team, securing memberships and developing partnerships with clients to grow revenue from some of the most exciting agencies in the world.
Reporting to the Head of Sales EMEA, our Business Development Manager will be focussed primarily on building new business and growing The Drum’s membership offering amongst some of the world’s best Independent and group agencies. Alongside memberships you will be required to recommend the best creative marketing solutions, branded content, digital display, events, print and more to these members. We are seeking applicants that have a strong background in B2B marketing, solutions, events and memberships sales, who can educate and inspire all our customer groups to see the benefits of working with the Drum.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- To increase The Drum Network and The Drum Recommends membership base across Europe.
- To delight our customers with market-leading sales and service.
- To own and execute your sales plan as part of a focussed and skilled commercial team.
- To educate customers and demonstrate value to invest in new and innovative ways of engaging our global and regional audiences.
- To collaborate with international sales, marketing, operations and content teams to deliver on solutions and grow revenues.
- To research and be aware of competitor activity, industry trends and news and identify commercial opportunities from these.
- To attend corporate events as required and to represent the company in a professional manner.
- A team player who contributes to ideas and feedback.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience of B2B marketing services sales.
- Experience in selling commercial media partnerships and memberships.
- Relevant consultative style sales training and experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-growing organisation.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strong prospecting and new business development skills.
- A collaborative, creative spark with the ability to effectively work with other departments.
- Proven results from a similar role.
- Must be able to travel for work.
- Desirable – a network of contacts at independent, mid-tier and network agencies
Essential to All Roles
- Meeting Customer Needs
- Managing Relationships
- Working with Others
- Self Confidence
Specific to This Role
- Personal Results
- Influencing Others
- Active Listening
- Personal Organization
To apply for this opportunity and develop your career within a fast growing and creative global brand, please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your suitability and salary expectation to email@example.com.