Front-end / WordPress developer
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, UK
- £22,000 to £27,000 pa
- Category: Web Development/Technical |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 22 July 2019 |
- Closing: 5 August 2019
ifour is a creative agency that works for a wide range of clients, from big international brands to smaller, local companies.
We’re based in Tunbridge Wells, so we are well placed to provide a high-quality service to clients in London and the South East.
We are an innovative agency with a strong reputation for delivering intelligent business solutions with inspiration and integrity. In the provision of our services, we continue to push creativity, ease of use and, above all, return on investment for our clients.
The business has grown organically since we started trading in 2006, new business usually comes from recommendations. And we are growing. To help take our business to the next level, we are looking for a front-end / WordPress developer. This junior role is ideal for an individual looking to hone their skills in a fast-paced, dynamic agency environment.
To be part of ifour’s development team, helping to build, deploy and maintain an exciting range of client projects across a wide spectrum of industries.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate an interest in keeping up with the latest tools, technologies and best practices. Good communication skills are essential.
Suitable candidates will be required to skills/duties below, work as part of the wider ifour team, performing ad hoc tasks as required by senior managers in service of the overall ifour mission.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Creation of front-end templates based on agreed designs.
- Development of WordPress based websites working closely with all members of the project team (strategy, design, development and project managers).
- Development of web applications and SPAs for standalone campaigns.
- Deployment and migration of sites to a range of server environments.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimisation of applications for maximum speed and performance.
- General administration and maintenance of client sites.
the ideal candidate should be proficient in the following:
- Experience of developing custom themes for WordPress.
- An understanding of the SASS CSS pre-processing platform.
- Familiarity with tools such as Sketch or Photoshop.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
it is also desirable for candidates to have:
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP and associated frameworks such as Laravel
- Utility first CSS frameworks such as Tailwind
- Awareness of code bundlers/splitters, i.e. Webpack
- Git code versioning
- BEM (Block, Element, Modifier) principles for CSS organisation
- MySQL database administration
Please send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org