Senior Designer - Sky Creative Agency
Osterley, Isleworth, UK
- Category: Creative, Design, Digital |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 14 May 2019 |
- Closing: 11 June 2019
We are part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries; we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people like you to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky Creative Agency (https://www.skycreative.uk/) is core to the success of our business. Part of the Sales and Marketing Group, it provides an in-house creative service for business areas across the whole of Sky. Our vision is to help the rest of the business showcase the best of Sky and we are looking to develop our agency functions and grow the ambition and scope of our work. With a 350-strong workforce and a 22m P&L, Sky Creative provides a wide range of creative solutions to support Sky’s channels and marketing teams. This is broadly based around branding, design, promotion and campaigns; the creative opportunities are wide-ranging and diverse.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our Sky Sports News design team. The last couple of years have represented an incredible period for our team in particular. As part of the major Sky Sports rebrand we delivered a new look channel that sits at the heart of the brand. Since then we have developed this further with a new look for the Transfer Window and Deadline Day, created a strong brand for the 2018 World Cup and gave production editorial graphics to help their story telling. We don’t expect the near future to be any less exciting. Sky Creative agency is well on its journey to becoming an industry recognized powerhouse and the Sky Sports News design team plays a big part in that.
As a valued member of Sky you’ll benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities
The role of Senior Designer in Sky Sports News will be to provide leadership and inventive, inspired and creatively excellent work. Making our daily output and longer term projects look better on screen.
- Lead and inspire team of designers
- Brainstorm ideas with wider teams to respond to creative briefs
- Be a pro-active team player who can assist in the co-ordination of a variety of changing priorities in a dynamic team
- Demonstrate a good understanding of all aspects of television production and working within a live production environment
- Idea generation and design output execution
- Quickly understand, analyse and respond to client briefs
- Present work in a confident manner to clients and internal agency stakeholders
- Oversee creative process across other departments within the business
- Assist Design Director in developing more junior team members (train, mentor, etc)
The successful candidate must display proven design ability and a fundamental understanding of industry trends. You must have the ability to work calmly under pressure, with multiple and diverse stakeholders and operate effectively as part of a team.
- Experienced Designer with good knowledge of broadcast design
- Strong conceptualist
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment and to tight deadlines
- Expertise in Adobe suite and After Effects necessary with a good understanding of 3D
- Must be flexible, adaptable and a problem solver
- Ability and confidence to liaise with production on briefs
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and inspire.
- Lead a project from conception through to delivery.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today.
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better