Digital Product Manager
- Category: Digital, Product Management |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 9 May 2019 |
- Closing: 22 May 2019
The Premier League’s digital channels perform a vital role in helping grow the global reach of our competition, increasing engagement among football fans while supporting our member Clubs, broadcast licensees and commercial partners.
This exciting role in our digital team will support the Head of Digital Operations in the development and management of premierleague.com, official mobile app, Fantasy Premier League and any emerging platforms.
This support will include working closely with our digital development partner Pulselive and the Premier League’s wider digital team, identifying new opportunities, bringing briefs to life and ensuring the quality and accuracy of each new deployment.
The right candidate will be ambitious, proactive, have direct experience of managing complex projects and an excellent awareness of how technology is being deployed by other premium sports rights holders. They will also know what the Premier League does throughout the business, demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and understand the imperative of owning a leading digital platform.
Who we are
The Premier League is home to some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world. The League and its clubs use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities and partners in the UK and across the world. The Premier League brings people together from all backgrounds. It is a competition for everyone, everywhere and is available to watch in over 1 billion homes in 189 countries. We have a wide variety of responsibilities. These include organising the competition and its Rule Book as well as managing the centralised broadcast and commercial rights. The work we do in conjunction with the Clubs also goes far beyond the 90 minutes. We support and provide a framework for youth development, we protect the organisation’s intellectual property, support the wider game and community programmes, undertake international development work and liaise with governing bodies and other leagues.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Work with the Head of Digital Operations and wider Digital and Editorial teams to identify and develop plans for improvements to the Premier League’s platform and the CMS, including changes to the existing user experience and the addition of new features and functions.
- Take a leading role in overseeing the digital development partner on a daily basis, assessing the workload, priorities and managing each deployment from the initial clarification around scope to the final QA process.
- Work with the Digital and Editorial teams to ensure public-facing content is always accurate and up-to-date, ranging from data driven pages to static information pages to club/player profile pages.
- Work with the Marketing and Partnerships teams to ensure desired execution of digital campaigns across premierleague.com, mobile app and its social channels on behalf of Partners. Also identify opportunities for further Partner integration on the website and app.
- Liaise with the Clubs to ensure any related information and assets on premierleague.com are kept up-to-date and identify opportunities for further Club integration on the website and app.
- Oversee the secure delivery of monthly data reports to all Clubs that contain details of users who have opted in to receive communications directly from the Clubs.
- Gain a strong understanding of the Premier League’s digital analytics and support the Head of Digital Operations in providing regular reports to internal and external stakeholders as required. Based on these analytics, make suggestions for improvements that could be made to the content strategy and platform.
- Work with the Premier League’s external SEO consultant to implement a strong SEO strategy, ensuring premierleague.com maintains the best possible search engine rankings. Also ensure the Editorial team are adhering to best practices for SEO.
- Work with the Premier League’s external data provider to ensure match and player data and statistics are being accurately reflected on premierleague.com and within the app. Also identify opportunities for further data integration and visualisation.
- Liaise with the Premier League’s external video provider and the Editorial team to ensure the video strategy is being implemented effectively.
- Work closely with the Premier League’s external design resource to manage image and infographic requirements.
- Keep abreast of digital accessibility standards and ensure that premierleague.com and the app are both meeting necessary requirements.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to deliver ad hoc projects and events including, but not limited to, the Season Review, PL Live, Asia Trophy and Player app.
- Work closely with the Head of Digital Operations to set goals and manage the workload of the Digital Operations Executive.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments and make suggestions where appropriate for improvements that could be made across the entire digital offering.
Requirements for the role
- Proven experience of project managing digital properties
- Proven experience of working effectively within a digital team
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to schedule and prioritise multiple work streams effectively
- A motivated, proactive and ambitious individual with exceptional communication skills
- Collaborative and open-minded team player with the confidence to deal with senior internal and external figures
- Keen football fan with a solid knowledge of the Premier League’s structure and context in the industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of technological trends and adoption within the industry
- Experience of playing Fantasy Premier League
Nice-to-haves for the role
- Direct SEO experience
- Understanding of key accessibility principles
- Have previously worked within a sports environment
The Premier League is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made based on merit.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 22 May 2019.