Senior Graphic Designer
London N7, UK
- ££ Salary based on experience
- Category: Creative, Design, Digital |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 15 March 2019 |
- Closing: 12 April 2019
Berkmann Wine Cellars are looking for a talented senior designer. You will have strong packaging design experience – preferably within the wine and spirits industry. You will demonstrate an exceptionally high standard of conceptual thinking and balance your passion for design with a strategic mindset. Impressive design and typography skills are a pre-requisite.
From concept to execution, our graphic designers bring their creative expertise to wine label design, communications media including advertising, corporate identity materials, logos, packaging, signage, and websites.. In addition to creating visual branding, they are tasked with applying the brand to a sometimes-chaotic world of content, giving it order and style, and making it approachable and compelling. Well-designed media gives well-thought-out messaging its wings.
Effective design actualises our strategies and brings them to life and to do this, you will be working closely with our current designers, marketing and purchasing teams to ensure that the company’s image and values – and those of our suppliers are translated into our design communications. You will be working across the wine and spirits sector on high impact designs for the company’s own house wine labels, POS, exhibition/event graphics, digital projects, wine training materials and brand creation.
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have an undergraduate degree in graphic design
- Have a minimum of 4+ year’s agency experience. Packaging experience within the drinks/spirits industry would be advantageous
- Be able to work in a corporate environment
- Be highly organised and able to manage time well; handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Keep up-to-date with trends and developments in the market
- Be approachable, a natural team player and an articulate communicator
- Have strong typography skills and a keen attention to detail
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Have strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colours, fonts and layouts
- Have a strong focus and attention to visual details
- Be highly computer literate; have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures and product packaging. Ultimately, you will work with the design team to ensure you promote our brand through delivering high quality pieces on tight deadlines.
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Before being invited for interview, candidates will be required to complete and present a design brief.
- Closing date for applications– Friday 12th April 2019.
- The application process is 3 part:
- Part 1: Preferred applicants will be invited to submit a design based on a specific brief.
- Part 2: Successful candidates passing part 1 will be invited to 1st stage interview.
- Part 3: Second interviews with Commercial Director
- We will not wait for the closing date to send out our design brief to applicants who have submitted an exciting and creative CV and portfolio; we are very keen to fill this newly created role!
- Offer - The appointed candidate will become an integral part of a family business, receive a competitive salary, company pension and 25 days annual leave.
- Working Pattern - This role is 37.5 hours per week (9am – 5.30pm), Monday to Friday. But it is expected that the successful candidate will work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job
- How to Apply - As well as a full cv can you please send 5 or 6 examples of work that we can review, the best way to do this is in a PDF document all in a single folder no more than 59mb in size to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short covering email. Should you require further information please contact Christina Benn, HR Manager, on email@example.com.
- Equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.
APPROVED RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ONLY
Advert copyright of BWCL.