Videographer with photography skills
- England: East Midlands
- 25000 - 32000 per annum + company car
- Category: Creative, Design, Digital |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 19 November 2018 |
- Closing: 17 December 2018
- Reference: BSMLM43520
If you’re a dab hand with a camera and are looking for the stability of a permanent job, but still want variety, travel and the opportunity to work on a big brand…blueskies might just have the role for you!
Working with a leader in their field, this national company have 178 sites across the country, from Manchester down to Plymouth and also covering London. Looking for an experienced Videographer/Photographer to join their 17 strong marketing team and work in a standalone position.
The job will require spending at least 50% of your time out of the office (based in Leicestershire), travelling to various sites and will involve from time to time, weekend and evening work (you will get time back in lieu or paid)
Split 50/50 between photography and videography, the company is looking to upload more relevant content to their website. Therefore, you can expect to get involved in corporate events, product shots, create ‘how to’ guides and much more.
On a day to day basis, general activities will include:
* Assisting colleagues in putting together a brief or an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay;
* Competently shoot a variety of studio bound and location scenes, including promotional videos for the website and social media
* digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable;
* creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
* reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video
* The ability to create and edit motion graphics in a variety of software applications
* Ability to ensure videos are inclusive and accessible with the use of subtitles, closed captions and voice overs
* writing voiceover/commentary;
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate through experience and a portfolio that you:
* Are confident and comfortable travelling to sites, producing briefs and shooting/directing on your own.
* Have excellent communication skills, able to get the information needed from managers, in order to put together a solid brief to work to.
* Have Photoshop or similar skills to be able to retouch, create cutouts, re size and save out stills in the correct formats
* Have an understanding of photography and lighting for capturing stills
* Need to be capable of handling multiple projects & highly organised with great people skills
* Able to challenge requests, & manage expectations in a corporate environment
This is rare opportunity for a videographer with photographic skills as well, to join a brilliant brand and oversee everything, with full autonomy! Full driving license and vehicle are essential and the role is commutable from Leicester, Northampton, Nottingham, Birmingham, Coventry and parts of Warwickshire.
Videographer with Photography skills, 25,000 - 32,000 with company car, Leicestershire