European Marketing Director
- £100k plus
- Category: Brand Management, Marketing |
- Contract: Permanent |
- Posted: 6 November 2018 |
- Closing: 30 November 2018
- Reference: TC688
Job Title: European Marketing Director
Location: North West UK, with regular trips to Europe and USA
Salary: Substantial + Benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Gorilla Glue is a truly international brand; the best-selling glue in the US and now the fastest-growing DIY brand in the UK. As our new European Marketing Director, you’ll need to take the brand to new levels, both in the UK and Europe.
This is a strategic role: you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing an integrated marketing plan. Your vision, and the way you put it into practice, will ensure that our key marketing objectives are met. That we grow the business. That we increase the value of our brand.
Sound tough? Well, that’s the idea. These are the toughest glues and tapes on the market. To be anything less wouldn’t reflect this heavyweight brand.
As well as Gorilla Glue, you’ll also oversee the growth of our sister brand, O’Keeffe’s, the hardworking skincare range. It’s equally successful in the States, and now listed in major UK retailers such as Boots.
Across both brands, this is an exceptional chance for an existing marketing director who wants to push themselves to new levels.
You’ll have some help: a direct team of five people, and an external marketing agency to work alongside. And then there’s the multi-million pound budget. For advertising across the full range of media - not just digital, but building on the existing national TV campaign.
This is a demanding, fast-paced role. One minute rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in at the office (40 minutes North of Manchester). The next, reporting to the UK MD and working with the -strong team in Cincinnati, USA.
In short, to qualify for this role you will:
- demonstrate a clear track record of successful brand growth in the UK and Europe (your background doesn’t have to be DIY, but will certainly be branded FMCG)
- have overseen successful brand launches & growth in Europe
- have management experience of a marketing team
- have formed excellent working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in an international organisation
- have developed effective working relationships with external agencies
- have managed and reported on substantial multi-million pound marketing budgets (across all platforms including digital)
This is a crucial role at Gorilla Glue. You’ll be expected to show leadership and collaboration in equal measures. As Marketing Director you will essentially be second in command to the European MD. And in return, you’ll take home a substantial package: commensurate with experience, but likely to include a very generous salary and bonus, plus benefits.
Interested candidates should click the Apply button, attaching an up-to-date CV and quoting reference TC688 Please include your current salary and notice period. All third party CV’s will be forwarded on to True Careers