The annual Better Health - Stoptober campaign is launching for its ninth year to encourage the nation's smokers to join over 2 million smokers who have made a quit attempt since 2012 with the annual campaign. This year,smoking prevalence among adults in England is at a record low of 13.9%, however there are still an estimated 6.1million smokers. The campaign aims to drive quit attempts at scale using a familiar calendar moment to encourage smokers to act now.
This year the campaign, which sits under PHE’s new Better Health brand, is focusing on the improvement of lung health through quitting smoking. Developed by M&C Saatchi, the new creative for the campaign uses a ‘breathe easier’ approach, employing a striking metaphor that references how smoking damages lungs and reminds smokers that there is no better time to quit. The creative directs smokers to a host of Stoptober resources available to them, including the Stoptober app, Facebook messenger bot and online communities, Personal Quit Plan, SMS and daily emails.
ATL creative credits:
● Ben Golik, Chief Creative Officer
● Becky Brice, Creative
● Amy Parkhill, Creative
● James May, Business Director
● Rory Gilbride, Account Director
● Eliot Liss, Producer
● Wilson Hennessey - Director/DoP
● Niall Horton-Stephens - Producer
● Rick Waller @ Rick&Joe - Edit and Post Production
● Paul Baker @ 3D Studios - Models
● Tom Lane @ Creative Outpost - Sound Design